Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 August 2006
The first book I read was the Alchemist, and I loved it. Then I read Zahir and now this Manual. The manual is truly inspiring and motivational. I started reading it while I was feeling low and some how I could relate to being the warrior as myself. It is a wonderful read if you are low, for it will provide you the energy to get out of the lows and move ahead...And if you are already confident then it will give you reasons to reflect and be more thoughtful! A beautiful companion for the soul!
on 8 September 2002
I have only just purchased the latest book by Coelho, and since buying it, I've been dipping into it reading random extracts.
I have all of Coelho's fiction, aswell as his biography, and this new book is unlike his previous works of fiction. The difference is that this book is not a continuous story, rather it's a gathering of thoughts on how a "warrior" should lead their life. Because of this different structure, the book does not have to be read in a complete sitting as you would normally read a work of fiction. This is one feature of the book which I like so much.
But the real merit lies in Coelho's writing. He is firmly one of my favourite authors, as his words encourage contemplation. This new release is no exception. Within the "Manual of the Warrior of Light", Coelho puts forward ideas, such as being able to realise one's downfalls and mistakes in life, and if possible to move toward putting wrongs to right. For example, he points out that no body has lead a life where they have not made mistakes and where they have not wronged people. Coelho then points out that these wronged people often cross our path again, stating that this is the chance for us to right that wrong; to learn from experience.
All sounds pretty common-sense stuff, doesn't it? But, although it sounds terribly cliche, Coelho's writing style makes such ideas come across as new. He is a very spiritual man and, as always, this spirituality is passed on through his words.
If you have read and enjoyed anything else by Coelho, you would almost certainly enjoy this book too. It's definitely an interesting read.
11 comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2003
I have never in my life ever read a book which has inspired me as much as "the warrior of light". From the first to the last page words of wisdom enthrall the reader. This book is truly magnificent all credit to Coelho. I recommend this to any person who is a deep thinker and interested in what others have to say. I think it has the power to motivate even the most unmotivated of us. After reading this book i guarantee you won't see the world in the same light ever again.
on 28 November 2007
This book is a must-have for the times that you despair and lose faith in yourself. At such times you need only open this book at a random page and let Coelho's wisdom renew your inner strength. This book is 100% pure inspiration. I highly recommend it!
on 14 September 2006
There are a few books that I simply cannot be without and 'Warrior of Light' is one of those books'. It's insightful yet simple pearls of wisdom are both life affirming and thought provoking. Whenever I find myself feeling disconnected or lacking in faith, I open this book - turn to one of it's pages - and I am always left with a sense of hope and self worth; an effect which is, quite frankly, priceless. Highly recommended. ^_^
on 27 September 2003
This is a book to "dip into" if you have ever thought what is life all about? - well this is a book you should have. We are all warriors of light, and this book is a help, a guide to our journey in this lifetime - so dip in and enjoy.
on 7 January 2005
This book should be used a companion, a reference text rather than read from cover to cover. I have a copy stuffed in my bag wherever I go, and sometimes, when I feel I need to gain a little perspective on something, I open it up, at any page and read one of the passages. A must have companion, wherever you go.
on 19 April 2009
Only recently discovered paulo coelho's books and have read the Pilgrimage, the Valkyries and, perhaps most well-known, the Alchemist. All of which I enjoyed as they have a good feel about them and written as novels.
Manual of the Warrior of Light does what it says on the label! It is a manual, when I was expecting a story - should have read the title properly! However, it is nice to have the sort of book you can pick up and put down, and read a little when in need of a bit of spiritual inspiration. Personally, though I prefer paulo's books where his 'message' is more subtly put into a story, rather than trying to be some kind of guru.
Anyway, I think he's a great guy, and any of his books are good to have and read now and then. This is, of course, a must for any of his fans.
on 27 May 2010
I can only describe this book in 3 words.......Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!
If you're in a place in your life where you're looking for help, for inspiration, for guidance....to understand why you feel so different from everyone else, this book is for you. I loved The Alchemist but the language and the imagery were quite hard to grasp at times. This book is light and written for anyone and everyone to read. There are no difficult words or concepts and you can dip and out of it when you need a lift. This is the kind of book that finds you when you need it the most.
on 5 August 2013
I'm a fan of Paolo Coelho's novels.
This isn't a novel. It's a collection of though-provoking and insightful gems that are a delight to read and ponder upon.
It's presented so that you see the only quotation, while on the opposite page there is a further explanation of the text and train of thought from Coelho. In this way, I'm not distracted by superfluous text and diagrams!
I tend to read one before dropping off to sleep. Then I guess my subconscious takes over, and I absorb its message.
Rather nice anyway.