Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 February 2004
A charming tale, beautifully illustrated. This is a book that parents can enjoy reading time & time again.
on 15 February 2009
My 10 year old daughter bought it for my 5 year old son for Christmas, because she loves Nick Butterworth from her earlier reading experiences - and knows that her little brother does too. It's so charming and illustrations are great and a fold-out at the end is an additional bonus!
on 19 February 2010
Like all Percy the Park Keeper books, this is a lovely story with beautiful illustrations of Percy and his animal friends. Percy sets off to trim the hedges in the park maze. His friends decide to hide and play a trick on him, but in the end Percy tricks them. As always, there is lots of gentle humour and a sweet ending. My son has loved these books since he was about 18 months old and I never get tired of reading them to him.
on 9 November 2011
Hallo, Though I'm foreign, I love reading Percy' s stories (of course translated) to my 4,5 years old daughter, and she enjoys it too.
But I think that something is wrong with my book. It seems to me that the story has a sudden end.
To be more specific, Percy realizes that the squirrel messed up with the string, all the other animals are telling their opinion about the way out and Percy say's: "And I've got a feeling we'll be having toasted teacakes for breakfast!"
And that's how it ends.
Even my daughter asked me...."now what?", "how will they get out of the maze?"
I have seen the movie too, where they all get out of the maze.
Therefore my question is: "Is this the ending, or are there some missing pages from my book?"
on 12 December 2013
All of these books are wonderful for young children. Pleasant stories that encourage children to love animals and value the countryside. My son was also into star wars and football when we first read them at the age of 3 but he loved the whole series as much as my daughter. They're a lot older now but we still have the books. They are so beautifully illustrated that none us would part with them.
on 13 June 2011
I bought three Percy the Park Keeper books for my 3 year old grandson. He had never seen this character before, and living abroad, is not familiar with English parks or animals, so it was a bit of a gamble. I'm delighted to say that he absolutely loved the books and the beautiful, gentle illustrations. The stories were a little advanced for him and I had to explain some of the words, but he wanted them read again and again. The bonus was a large, removable poster at the back of the book showing the maze referred to in the story and he instantly wanted it put up on his bedroom wall. It has helped him learn the names of all the amnimals and he loves searching for them in the poster. A great series - I wish I had found Percy the Park Keeper before!
on 30 September 2011
I had the range of Percy The Park keeper books for my son when he was little. He's 20 now and still remembers them fondly. My neices daughter has just turned 4 and I have decided to get them again for birthdays and Christmas. It's even better now because you can also purchasee the C.D.s of the stories. So you can enjoy them together reading on the sofa or at bed time, or your child can just read alone or with the CD.
My final thoughts are that they are a really good childrens book.
on 22 November 2013
Bought for my 2.5 year old stepson last christmas, this is a book I had as a child and enjoyed it then, my husband and I love to read this to him at bedtime.
on 26 April 2010
I bought this for one of the little girls I teach English (as a foreign language) to. She was 7 then, and loved it, and still loves it now, aged 9. The story is simple, but sweet and humorous. I don't know anyone who wouldn't be charmed by Percy and his friends. And children will love finding their way in and out of the fold-out labyrinth at the back of the book too.
on 24 October 2011
we love the percy books and this one is as good as the others. the drawings are amazing and the story is lovely. the poster at the end is a large drawing of the maze which the story is about and we had fun finding the topiary figures and working out the way in and out. would recommend