Nick Butterworth is a great storyteller and illustrator. Percy the Park Keeper is a gentle, lovable hero that my 3 year-old son can't get enough of. This story is typical of the rest of the series in having a sweet group of annimal friends have a small adventure with Percy. This in itself would be enough to recommend the book.

However, we were inspired by the...
Published on 6 Oct 2006 by Dr. H. Payne

2.0 out of 5 stars bit long for my 4 and 2 year olds
my children find this ok..i think they do not really follow the story which is a shame. it just doesn't engage them in the car like others we have although they love the books at home. a shame. I wish id bought Kipper now.
Published 5 months ago by amanda

4.0 out of 5 stars How often does a story influence your life in a practical way?, 6 Oct 2006
Dr. H. Payne - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)

However, we were inspired by the treasure hunt within the story. Percy draws pictures of the locations of the clues as his animal friends can't read. We created a visual treasure hunt for our son that has expanded over several months to have over 20 clues to chose from. He loves it. The experience is enhanced by reading this story at bedtime on a day when we have had a treasure hunt. How many books actually make you go out and do something different in the real world?

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely story., 22 April 2013
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)
We bought this for a bedtime story as we had previously loved 'One Snowy Night' by Nick Butterworth. This has proved to be another lovely story with beautiful illustrations. My daughter likes the challenges at the end of these books (in this case, find the three dropped coins in the pictures). Not quite as challenging as the 'One Snowy Night' search.

2.0 out of 5 stars bit long for my 4 and 2 year olds, 2 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars great childrens book, 24 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)
bought this for my friends daughter 7yrs old who lives in the usa, she loves the stories beautiful illustrations and even the british styling,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)
Our 4 year old loves Percy. She can read most of it on her own and with the pictures the story is rewarding. It is the base for creative games.

5.0 out of 5 stars Percy Park-keeper, 29 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)
We love the Percy park-keeper collection, we have them all now and have just bought the one DVD too. The most amazing illistrations and really fun stories, both my boys love them

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps my son happy for hours, 9 July 2011
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)
my son loves this book I have read it so many times I do not even need to look at the pages any more to tell him the story, the pictures are fantastic and I love the addition of having to find the gold coins.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story!!!, 30 July 2010
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)
I have used this book a couple of times with reception classes and they love the story! Brilliant to use an intro to a treasure hunt. Lovely pictures too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 18 Jan 2010
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)
This is a great story, my four year old boy loves it. He especially loves the surprise at the end when you have to look back through the book and find Percy's missing gold coins. This book has been well loved and is one of the few that we have been asked to read over and over again. Definitely would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Percy's Treasure Hunt, 24 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) (Paperback)
Excellent Percy tale with the added attraction of finding the gold chocolate coins.
My 4 year old loves it!.

The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park)
The Treasure Hunt (Tales From Percy's Park) by Nick Butterworth (Paperback - 7 July 2011)