Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 April 2001
Percy's Bumpy Ride is a favourite of both my 3 and 5 years olds, as well as the one among the series that I most enjoy reading to them. This story breaks free from the bounds of the imaginative and touches fantasy as Percy's new mower leaves the ground to fly over the countryside. Magically, all the world seems caught up in the dream flight, as a flock of sheep forms messages to the party above and ends up saving the day. A great read especially before bedtime.
on 19 February 2010
Like all Percy the Park Keeper books, this story is warm and gentle, with beautiful illustrations. Percy decides to make his own lawnmower to cut the park grass more efficiently, but perhaps shouldn't have added the helicopter-style rotor blades... There is plenty of humour in here - for children and adults - and a flock of helpful sheep provide a happy ending. My 21 month old son loves this and wants to read it again and again. You can't go wrong with Percy...
on 10 March 2013
As always Nick Butterworth gives us another Percy the Park Keeper classic. I have been buying Percy books since my nephew was little and he is 17 now! But now my son (age 5) and daughter (nearly 2) love him too. An exciting story illustrated with wonderful illustrations. There is laughter, adventure and of course Percy animal friends including Badger, Fox, Hedgehog and Owl to keep children and adults alike entertained.
on 30 November 2010
A great adventure of Percy and his friends in the park. My daughter really enjoys his stories (by Nick Butterworth). This one is a bit more unrealistic about them flying on a lawnmower machine he's made. Not quite as classic as One snowy night but still a good story and popular with children
on 15 August 2012
We all love a bit of Percy the park keeper, and this one is just as good. Its not an absolute favourite of the owner (that is The Secret Path) but it makes for a bit of bedtime variety and as with all this authors books, they are fun and easy to follow, with wonderfull illustrations.
on 10 February 2011
As usual, this is another Percy book which my 6 year old granddaughter loves. We are gradually collecting all Percy books as they are a perfect transition from baby books to beginning to read for oneself. I have previously found it quite difficult to find books in this category.
on 9 July 2011
Tales From Percy's Park - Percy's Bumpy RidePercy the Park keeper books are a big favourite in this household - they are read over and over again. This one hasn't disappointed, very entertaining story and just the right length to keep a toddler entertained.
on 1 January 2013
We were completely entraced by this great book - having read other Percy titles, it was lovely to have another one to get our teeth into. My six year old was gripped by the storyline and loved the ending.

A very worthwhile read and gorgeous illustrations as always.
on 23 July 2015
Love these books, all of Percy's park books seem to be brilliant. My daughter loves them and always asks for them I feel they have quite a magical quality about them. This one is a favourite as is one snowy night (one of our top favourite books ever!) and after the storm.
on 8 August 2011
A lovely story of how Percy creates a (non intended) flying lawn mower and takes the animals on a ride being watched by the sheep below. Nick Butterworth certainly knows how to write childrens' books.