5.0 out of 5 stars Very enlightening
Published on 29 Jun 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written but harrowing
Found this book a compulsive read. However I felt very uncomfortable with the authors very discriptive accounts of the darker side of her gift. Was left wondering , after the horrendous childhood this lady had , if perhaps her medium powers had not become her means of escape mentally? Have read many books by other mediums but this was very different and was at times...
Published on 6 May 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enlightening, 29 Jun 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Gift: The Story of an Ordinary Woman's Extraordinary Power (Paperback)
I bought the book to read on holiday between my paintings. Once I started it I could not put it down and my paintings were put to one side. It was such an eye opener and answered questions that no psychic instructional book ever has. It is not particularly for psychics as it is a fascinating biography. I gave it to a friend who passed it on to her daughter and I am now buying another copy. We all loved it.
Hightly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read and a real insight, 10 Mar 2005
By A Customer
I bought this book, simply because I was bored at the airport. But after I started reading it, I couldn't put it down. It is so interesting to read about the life of somebody who has come from a background that is similar to myself, and has been given a fantastic gift.
I would highly recommend this book, it is both sad and inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gift - Mia Dolan, 9 July 2005
L. Attwood - See all my reviews
I read this book last summer, I even took it to work with me it was that good, I was gutted when I'd finished! I raved about it to my friend, and she passed it on, and so it went and now I dont have a clue whose got it! Great Buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gift: By Mia Dolan, 24 Feb 2004
By A Customer
My congratulations goes to the author of this book. It was a very enjoyable read and there were times I just couldn't put it down.
The story is about her harrowing life and how she realised she had a gift to help others by using her physic powers as a medium. If you believe in life after death or medium powers then you too will enjoy this book.
Nicely told and kept me on the edge of my seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, an excellent read., 18 Feb 2004
Lin Hyde (Newark, Notts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I read this book inside 24 hours and then wanted to start it again. I found it interesting and compelling reading.
Well written and emotional, for the first time ever I had tears in my eyes or a smile on my face, feeling as if I were journeying through Mia Dolan's life with her.
Whether interested in mediumship or not, this is a fascinating, easy to read bigraphy and is interesting to the very last paragraph.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Soul has Eyes, 25 Jun 2003
By A Customer
This book will touch your heart and your soul, it breaks down normal life experiences with clarity and heart felt meaning.
You are not alone in this world, people and spirit both surround and support you when least expected, Mia Dolan explains this within this book.
Friends have both laughed and cried there way through this book, often reading non-stop until the end, and still wanting more, this book stirs a locked away feeling and knowledge enlightening the long forgotten and unknown, do not deny your self the experience of this read, and most important of all share the love you learn with those around you.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN AMAZING READ! WHAT A BRAVE LADY!, 22 Dec 2003
This was a great book, someone who has handled and overcome some of the most horrific lifes downs! she has come through it and has a gift im envious of.
A must read for everyone, this book is a little treasure.
FANTASTIC.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Extraordinary Woman, An Extraordinary Story., 20 Aug 2006
Lucy Reynolds "Lucy" (West Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I bought this book on a whim, after a friend recommended it to me, but I didn't really think that it was going to grab me.

I've read a few autobiographies written by Psychics or Mediums before, and I always got annoyed by the "look at me, I'm so special" attitude that comes across. This autobiography is very different.

Mia Dolan recounts her entire life story, including some very traumatic experiences, and how she became psychic. She comes across as very down-to-earth throughout, and shares how she went from doing a few readings for family and friends, to being the UK's most famous female psychic.

5.0 out of 5 stars All is revealed.., 5 Feb 2005
The book starts off as an autobiography. Not what I'd expected, and not what I was interested in. I wanted to jump into the psychic world feet first! But I soon came to realise Mia had to set the scene if she was to bring any depth to the book, and any understanding for it's readers.
It is a fascinating insight into the world of a psychic and her guide. Through reading this book, I feel so many questions have been answered. Mia has an excellent way of putting things into perspective, and explaining why things happen the way they do. Good and bad.
A very enlightening and informative read. 5/5!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's an excellent read, 28 Jun 2003
By A Customer
This book is hard to put down. It really is a great read, although the story is deeply upsetting in places.
It is good to read a book of this genre by a Brit ...it certainly illustrates things in a way that you can identify with.
I look forward to her next book

The Gift: The Story of an Ordinary Woman's Extraordinary Power