4.0 out of 5 stars Make school more interesting
Tony Buzan has been at this mind mapping stuff for a while now and I wish someone had given me this book when I was at school. Its really easy to follow and before you know it your kids will be drawing colourful spider diagrams full of facts that help them with their school work. I gave one to my nephew and I've never seen him so interested in his homework.
Published on 10 Mar. 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars well laid out and colourful - has lots of good ideas for using mindmaps as a planning tool for ...
well laid out and colourful - has lots of good ideas for using mindmaps as a planning tool for children to use. Have not yet used any of the ideas/contexts but plan to later in the term.
Published 3 months ago by purplebee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Make school more interesting, 10 Mar. 2003
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars great to help kids (and parents), 25 May 2007
This review is from: Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction (Paperback)
well done mr buzan - kid friendly graphics. i never finished the hard back version, but this is interesting for dads too - less theory and more doing. good for us time pressed parents to get the basics and help our kids

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 18 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction (Paperback)
My eight-year old daughter has just completed her rocks and crystals homework using a mind map. I helped her out and we both really enjoyed it. It would have been quite frustrating to do in the default way (lists and tables) as she is quite a slow writer and not naturally good at spelling. We managed to cram so much info in there, using drawings, colours and just a few words.
I've got my own adult version of the book now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind Map for Kids, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction (Paperback)
Well illustrated, colourful, came recommended by friends, family and proffessionals. I will use it as a tool for my son who is dyslexic and my daughter who needs help with revision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration to learn to juggle, 21 Jan. 2012
J. Brightwater (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Great book! I bought it as a gift for my 11year old grandson and saw that it recommends learning to juggle, to increase brain function, so I also bought him different coloured juggling balls (3 different colours are important according to the book) which came with an instruction DVD, from Amazon. We had fun with it when he was here, but not sure if he has continued now he is back at school.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind Maps, 27 July 2009
This review is from: Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction (Paperback)
This book is very user friendly and helps when you try to come to terms with Mind Maps

5.0 out of 5 stars mind maps for kids review, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction (Paperback)
The 1st book in the MM4K's range by Tony Buzan (2nd is 'Max Your Memory and Concentration'), and must say I'm very impressed. Not sure why these techniques are not used more in our schools but probably a good idea for parents not to leave this to chance. Some of these techniques would be classed as 'accelerated learning' which in theory means they could be useful for all ability ranges.
Although these books are written for children (7+), the younger the child the more likely that they will need these techniques explaining to them, although it will be a good study companion throughout later primary and high school.

Note - The information in these books is just as relevant to adults although there are books written by Mr Buzan for the adult reader. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars asd child, 3 July 2011
This review is from: Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction (Paperback)
i found this book a break through for my son who is on the autistic spectrum an amazing alternative way of teaching. thanks !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes practice but worth it, 5 Jan. 2011
K. Skinner - See all my reviews
The definitive guide to mind-mapping for kids. Good for around age 8 or 9 but obviously depends on the child.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant present for my grandson !, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction (Paperback)
I loved Mind Maps as a student and think its a good and useful strategy to introduce to bright kids.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction
Mind Maps For Kids: An Introduction by Tony Buzan (Paperback - 3 Feb. 2003)