5.0 out of 5 stars Lost and Found
Absolutely mesmerising - my neices and nephews love this book. Beautiful illustrations, a simple story and more fantastic discoveries everytime they read it. Wonderful.
Published on 3 Nov 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Where is the Octopus? And the sweet ending?
A lovely book, my son really enjoys it, but I have to say we were spoilt by the movie. Our favourite bits from the short film don't appear in the book, which is a pity. Our 2 1/2 year old boy doesn't seem to mind.
Published on 21 Jan 2010 by MagsMum

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost and Found, 3 Nov 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Lost and Found (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for little ones, 14 Jan 2009
This review is from: Lost and Found (Hardcover)
I came across this story having accidentally caught the animation that was made of this book on TV. So, I bought the book for my son.

The pictures are really enjoyable; they're simple, clear and bright without being gaudy. It's a great little story that is just long enough for short attention spans both young and old.

Recommended. And if you get chance to see the film of the book then I'd definitely recommend that too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant book by Oliver Jeffers., 6 May 2007
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lost and Found (Paperback)
Oliver Jeffers simply gets better and better!

This book, like his others is illustrated with his own unique style and makes this book so easy on the eye. The pictures aren't garish, they aren't overly cartoony, they are VERY cute! - They need to be seen to be believed. The picture where the penguin is left behind almost brings a tear to your eye!

The story too is fantastic, a penguin lands on a boys doorstep, it is out of place and the boy wants to take it home. This is essentially a story about friendship, and one your child will certainly want to enjoy again and again - which is good - as you'll want to read it again too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Penguin lovin', 19 Jan 2010
Nicola Golding (Noodles78) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 2 year old nephew for Christmas. Now, the real reason I bought it is because I LOVE Oliver Jeffers, I joke that if I ever met him I would kidnap him and put him in my cellar. (Don't worry, I don't have a cellar so he's safe from me!)The story is cute,funny gorgeousness and with the added extra of a stuffed penguin who could resist?

Needless to say, my nephew loved the toy and my sister loves the story. Quids in both ways!! Result!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool book!, 6 May 2012
This review is from: Lost and Found (Paperback)
Lost and found is where a boy finds a penguin at his door step. The boy thought the penguin was lost. They went to the North Pole to find the penguins home. I liked the illustrations. Lost and found is a fantastic book, I love it, thank you Oliver Jeffers!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for a child's library, 16 Dec 2011
One of my daughter's favourite books, we read it daily and have done for over a year. Such a lovely story and beautiful illustrations, I have bought several of these books as gifts and it has always been well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely , lovely book, 7 Jan 2010
This review is from: Lost and Found (Paperback)
We brought this having seen the how taken my 4 year old was with the TV version on Nick Jr and we / she was not disappointed. Lost and Found is a delightful read with wonderful drawings. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Kate says:, 20 Feb 2009
Just Kate (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found (Paperback)
Great book! Oliver Jeffers is a great new kids author and his illustrations are wonderful. The book is about a boy who finds a penguin and travels all the way to the North Pole to get him home, but the penguin isn't as excited to be home as the boy thought!

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple, heartwarming read, 4 Aug 2008
BabyMarvel (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found (Paperback)
A simple storyline together with fresh illustrations make this one of my daughters favourites (she particularly loves the penguin and the stripey umbrella!) and at this stage (she is now 2) she is enjoying being able to follow a story in her own way, ie: the simplest way she can understand and I believe that it's this very simplicity which makes this picture book a big hit.

It's a short tale of friendship, a heartwarming read without being overly soppy.
Recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must have, 15 May 2008
NappyValley (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost and Found (Paperback)
This book is a cracker, just the opening lines really grab the imagination of any pre-schooler (or parent for that matter)

"Once there was a boy and one day he found a penguin at his door"

My toddler loves the book and we love reading it - which as every parent knows is important when you are asked to read it for the 88th day in a row! It is in my top 5 children's books for at the moment.

There are not too many words on each page, so personally I would say it is great from age 2 and up.

Lost and Found
Lost and Found by Oliver Jeffers (Paperback - 2 May 2006)
5.24