• Albie

Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 September 2002
The book is a great read for all the family. Our kids lay motionless with their eyes absorbing the engrossing and beautiful illustrations. Albie is how we all imagine our kids to be, leaping around the garden back and forth from fantasy to fantasy. Hippos in paddling pools and zebras that climb trees. A really refreshing alternative to wizardry. We all await eagerly for more books from the new king of childrens comedy!
on 7 October 2002
Albie, a little boy with an inspiring imagination, stumbles across hippos in paddling pools, zebras in trees, buffaloes in the bath and penguins in the freezer, and all this in a normal days play! The illustrations are so vibrant and colourful, and together with the quirky, humourous storyline the book would appeal to any child with an active imagination. It is a definite favourite with my two boys, and we eagerly await the publication of the next books by this refreshingly imaginative author!
on 4 October 2002
Fantastic to see such refreshing writing and illustration in Albie. I can thoroughly recommend this as a read for both children (let their imagination run wild!) and adults too (you're never too old!). Watch out for the zebras in the trees and the hippo in the paddling pool.......
on 30 January 2013
I have to admit to not being very fond of reading this book, however, I am not the target audience! Have had the book from the library on and off for years as it is my daughter's favourite. Was very difficult to get hold of a copy but once we'd managed it, my daughter was ecstatic. She is now 7, able to read much older books by herself but this remains a well loved and well read book. I think it is the anarchic nature of the story that is so appealing and the stroppy big sister! Would recommend.
on 9 October 2013
My daughter loved this when she was little and now that she can read, loves to read it by herself! Wonderful, funny and wacky story, wonderfully illustrated (I laughed a lot too :-) ). Same review as for the other Albie book "Albie and the Space Rocket", as they are both excellent.
on 13 August 2012
started on 1st albie story and my son couldn't get enough so got all 3,he's five and we read together;-)Albie
on 15 December 2014
Bought it because my grandchild is called albie I am sure he will like it for Christmas an amusing and funny story
on 16 May 2014
A lovely book which is really fun to read :-) My son, who's name is also Albie, absolutely loves it!