5.0 out of 5 stars An Unknown Classic
This stuff goes under the listing of "things most people don't know Tolkien wrote," along with things like "On Fairy Stories," "Bilbo's Last Song" and the charming bedtime story "Roverandum." It's a good collection of Tolkien's lesser-known material, including some cute short stories and poems.
In this slim volume is: "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil," a collection of...
Published on 24 Jan 2004 by N. M. D. Lancaster

3.0 out of 5 stars good, not great
I'm a big fan of tolkien, but I wasn't sure about these stories. They were alright, but for short stories, they took a long time to get anywhere. I think this is more to do with personal taste than the quality of the writing, because I love lots of description in books and novels, but not in short stories, I prefer them to be a bit more blunt and to the point. Worth a...
Published on 4 April 2010 by Larewen Evenstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic read, 29 May 2014
I bought this book for my son. He likes Tolkien's books . He wanted it so that he could read it to his son. I'm not too sure at this time wither he has started it yet or is waiting for an appropriate time a little later on.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 3 April 2014
I like reading Tolkien and found thid just as readable as his other stories There is only one author like him

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 14 Mar 2014
Some excellent stories brought together , some are easy to read and some are not , I was sceptical to begin with but with a few pages I was hooked by a master story again

4.0 out of 5 stars Another demonstration on Tolkiens great imagination, 1 Feb 2014
I enjoy all the Tolkien books. I wanted this one for a bit mor insight into Tom Bombadil & loved the other short story's as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tales from the Perilouse Realm., 20 Jan 2014
Tales from the Perilouse Realm by J.R.R. Tolkien is a great collection of five of his smaller works which are captivating for both kids and adults alike..

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesser known Tolkien book., 26 Oct 2013
OK, Tolkien fans will all know this, but for the general public this is not so well known. My 14 year old son has enjoyed reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars the perilous realm, 2 Oct 2013
brought this for the younger members of the family the one who listened to it so far have enjoyed it

5.0 out of 5 stars Tales from the Perilous Realm., 22 Sep 2013
James "I'm a retired security guard. I enjoy ... (MARYPORT, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I give this product five stars because I love the stories and there's no one I'd rather listen to reading them than Sir Derek Jacobi. I've loved listening to his voice ever since I heard him read the Brother Cadfael novels and the ghost stories of M. R. James. Harper Collins recordings are first class, clear and bright. I'd recommend this edition to all Tolkien fans everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tales from the Perilous Realm, 9 April 2013
Bought this book as a present for my son in laws birthday, he loved it, and the price was right too

5.0 out of 5 stars Tolkein at it's finest, 8 April 2013
An excellent collection of short stories by the master of imagination and fine words. Good for all children and adults alike.highly recommend this as very engaging.

Tales from the Perilous Realm
Tales from the Perilous Realm by J. R. R. Tolkien (Paperback - 2 Sep 2002)
6.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available