5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful companion for the soul!
Published on 4 Aug 2006 by Athenas

3.0 out of 5 stars another of paulo's books i recently bought
Only recently discovered paulo coelho's books and have read the Pilgrimage, the Valkyries and, perhaps most well-known, the Alchemist. All of which I enjoyed as they have a good feel about them and written as novels.
Published on 19 April 2009 by Jerilyn R. Bence

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful companion for the soul!, 4 Aug 2006
The first book I read was the Alchemist, and I loved it. Then I read Zahir and now this Manual. The manual is truly inspiring and motivational. I started reading it while I was feeling low and some how I could relate to being the warrior as myself. It is a wonderful read if you are low, for it will provide you the energy to get out of the lows and move ahead...And if you are already confident then it will give you reasons to reflect and be more thoughtful! A beautiful companion for the soul!

4.0 out of 5 stars As thought provoking as ever., 8 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Manual of The Warrior of Light (Hardcover)
I have only just purchased the latest book by Coelho, and since buying it, I've been dipping into it reading random extracts.
I have all of Coelho's fiction, aswell as his biography, and this new book is unlike his previous works of fiction. The difference is that this book is not a continuous story, rather it's a gathering of thoughts on how a "warrior" should lead their life. Because of this different structure, the book does not have to be read in a complete sitting as you would normally read a work of fiction. This is one feature of the book which I like so much.
But the real merit lies in Coelho's writing. He is firmly one of my favourite authors, as his words encourage contemplation. This new release is no exception. Within the "Manual of the Warrior of Light", Coelho puts forward ideas, such as being able to realise one's downfalls and mistakes in life, and if possible to move toward putting wrongs to right. For example, he points out that no body has lead a life where they have not made mistakes and where they have not wronged people. Coelho then points out that these wronged people often cross our path again, stating that this is the chance for us to right that wrong; to learn from experience.
All sounds pretty common-sense stuff, doesn't it? But, although it sounds terribly cliche, Coelho's writing style makes such ideas come across as new. He is a very spiritual man and, as always, this spirituality is passed on through his words.
If you have read and enjoyed anything else by Coelho, you would almost certainly enjoy this book too. It's definitely an interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful..., 14 Sep 2006
J. L. Bird (England, The United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
There are a few books that I simply cannot be without and 'Warrior of Light' is one of those books'. It's insightful yet simple pearls of wisdom are both life affirming and thought provoking. Whenever I find myself feeling disconnected or lacking in faith, I open this book - turn to one of it's pages - and I am always left with a sense of hope and self worth; an effect which is, quite frankly, priceless. Highly recommended. ^_^

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing, 2 Nov 2003
By A Customer
I have never in my life ever read a book which has inspired me as much as "the warrior of light". From the first to the last page words of wisdom enthrall the reader. This book is truly magnificent all credit to Coelho. I recommend this to any person who is a deep thinker and interested in what others have to say. I think it has the power to motivate even the most unmotivated of us. After reading this book i guarantee you won't see the world in the same light ever again.

3.0 out of 5 stars another of paulo's books i recently bought, 19 April 2009
Manual of the Warrior of Light does what it says on the label! It is a manual, when I was expecting a story - should have read the title properly! However, it is nice to have the sort of book you can pick up and put down, and read a little when in need of a bit of spiritual inspiration. Personally, though I prefer paulo's books where his 'message' is more subtly put into a story, rather than trying to be some kind of guru.
Anyway, I think he's a great guy, and any of his books are good to have and read now and then. This is, of course, a must for any of his fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revive your spirit and re-awaken the flame!, 28 Nov 2007
This book is a must-have for the times that you despair and lose faith in yourself. At such times you need only open this book at a random page and let Coelho's wisdom renew your inner strength. This book is 100% pure inspiration. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Manual of the Warrior of Light., 27 Sep 2003
This is a book to "dip into" if you have ever thought what is life all about? - well this is a book you should have. We are all warriors of light, and this book is a help, a guide to our journey in this lifetime - so dip in and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 7 Jan 2005
Ben Hughes (Swadlincote, Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book should be used a companion, a reference text rather than read from cover to cover. I have a copy stuffed in my bag wherever I go, and sometimes, when I feel I need to gain a little perspective on something, I open it up, at any page and read one of the passages. A must have companion, wherever you go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read for a life-enhancing impact, 24 April 2008
Adil Hussain "adilson05uk" (London) - See all my reviews
Very inspirational collection of short, quite simple at first sight, passages. Each page of the book is a new passage - a message of guidance, wisdom and encouragement. Each passage sets out to define a characteristic of 'the warrior of light', a concept I will not even attempt to explain here. Read the book, let your inner light shine and, in essence, live a better life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 7 Nov 2011
The book is very well written. There are certain aspects of my life, which were brought into light by this book. I highly recommend this book for those who feel lost in the way of life.

Manual of The Warrior of Light
Manual of The Warrior of Light by Paulo Coelho (Hardcover - 2 Sep 2002)
Used & New from: £0.01