5.0 out of 5 stars This book is scary!!
I loved this book. I started off intending to just read a chapter before bed, but I just could'nt put it down, even though it scared half the life out of me. i won't describe the plot, as I don't want to spoil the surprise, all I can say that this a 'must read' book!!
Published on 3 July 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Damn, my skin just wouldn't creep
Published on 28 Feb. 2009 by M. R. Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is scary!!, 3 July 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A must !!, 11 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Lost Boy Lost Girl (Hardcover)
At last a truly great and genuinely scary thriller. This book is a real gripper from beginning to end, and if you like to be scared than this is the book for you. How many times have you read a review telling you a book is scary only to be sadly disappointed when you read it yourself. Not the case with this book believe me. Stephen King is retiring this year, but if you're a fan of inteligently written prose in this genre you have nothing to fear.With books like these the future of fear is safe in Straub's claw.

4.0 out of 5 stars This story gave me the creeps!, 30 Jun. 2007
Cherie Jones (Fort Worth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost Boy Lost Girl (Paperback)
I read this book in the span of about a week. Granted, it started off a little slow, but once Straub introduced us to the disturbing serial rapist/murderer Joseph Kalendar, the story really took off. I have to admit, I read this book at night before I went to bed, and it scared me so bad I had to sleep with my TV on. I've read many horror genre books by John Saul, Stephen King, Clive Barker, and Straub too, and there were only handful that actually made my skin crawl the way this one did. It really got under my skin, and I am sure most people who like a good mystery/thriller/ghost story will enjoy this book as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Damn, my skin just wouldn't creep, 28 Feb. 2009
M. R. Cox "Mike" (Dubai) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost Boy Lost Girl (Paperback)
Well, I started "Lost Boy, Lost Girl" with high expectations having been suitably chilled by Straub's "Ghost Story", which certainly did what it said on the tin. But "LBLG"? Sorry, despite my willing it, my skin stayed firmly in place. Strangely, for a horror-yarn, this tale builds towards a relatively happy-ending. Genre-defying? Yes. Scary as a result? No. There just ain't no menace. No dread. The protagonist isn't very afraid as he explores the neighbourhood House of Horrors and as a result, neither are we. Damn...

5.0 out of 5 stars great horror story, 27 July 2004
Ms. B. E. Harris "36195barb" (lincoln uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Lost Boy Lost Girl (Paperback)
the first peter staub book i have read and i will be looking for his others.
if like me and you have never read him try this it scared the crap out of me .

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost Boy Lost Girl, 11 Aug. 2004
Mark Hughes (Worsley, Lancs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost Boy Lost Girl (Paperback)
One of the worst book's that i have ever read, If you enjoy going backwards and forward in time and the conclusion comming in a matter of pages, then this is the book for you! Also the ending is the most purile nonsense in the history of literature, I am no novelist but stories i wrote during school were better than this complete and utter waste of paper. I have given this book 1 star as there was no facility to put no stars.

Lost Boy Lost Girl
Lost Boy Lost Girl by Peter Straub (Paperback - 4 Oct. 2010)