5.0 out of 5 stars It should be a sin to miss out on this book
Published on 9 Feb. 2003 by Jonathan Danon

1.0 out of 5 stars not the same as the picure
I ordered these books as part of a set for my son. Unfortunately, the cover was not the same as the picture on the item description. I have had to purchase the book again elsewhere.
Published on 15 Nov. 2011 by Helen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It should be a sin to miss out on this book, 9 Feb. 2003
Jonathan Danon (London, Barnes United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Killers of the Dawn (The Saga of Darren Shan, Book 9) (Paperback)
This is by far the best book in the entire Darren Shan series. Anyone who's read it will understand how difficult it is to tell others what it's about without giving too much away. I will say this though - you do find out who the Vampaneze Lord is. Basically, fleeing from the underground tunnels, the Hunters plus Harkat the little person and their two captives (a vampet and Steve Leonard) end up being the hunted. Surely things can't get ANY worse for the hunters...? An absolutely immense ending will leave you shocked and possibly confused.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remarkable! Depressing...but Remarkable!, 17 May 2003
By far the best book in the saga, Killers has (quite rightly) caused alot of sadness and anger amoungst readers...not because it was bad--far from it!--but because of the cruelty of the twists in the book. Any one who has read the other eight in the saga shouldn't miss out on this addition; the last in the Hunters trilogy. If you haven't read the other books, however, Cirque Du Freak is a better place to start!
I loved this book; it was better written than the others, tightly plottedn and exciting throughout. Five stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars KILLERS OF THE DAWN!!, 1 May 2003
One hell of a book the best ever in fact. To get into this Series of books read from Cirque Du Freak This is the 3rd part of the 3rd trilogy I would recomend all the books in this series (I read 4 out of 9 books in one day).
In this book there are same big twists and turns shame we have to wait till 6th october 03 for book no 10 The Lake of souls...........Still reading you should go to get this Book NOW

4.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe it!, 21 July 2013
I think this may be the book I love the most in the series so far, but also the one I hate the most. I won't say who but someone dies and I was devastated. Can't believe he did that! He certainly doesn't mind killing off his characters, but why is it always the ones I like the most?

Now I've dropped that bombshell, I will explain, the death doesn't happen until right near the end, but I knew it was coming for a couple of chapters. Up to that point this book was so exciting and well written, I was utterly absorbed, swept up and chucked around by it. I didn't want it to end.

The big war is coming and Crepsley, Shan and March are back on the trail of the Vampaneze prince, accompanied of course by Harket. I haven't said it before, but I really like Harket and with every book he develops more and grows so much. He may be described as quite ugly, but you can't help but want to hug him. He's a bit like the 'Dobby' of this world!

There are more old faces turning up and some are not going to give up easily. Big battles, cunning plots and devious manoeuvres , this book will have you gripping the pages so hard and desperate for more. If only that ending hadn't have gone like that!

I need to finish this series, I can't get enough. :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Killers of the dawn, 10 Jun. 2014
Heart pounding... I couldn't stop reading and I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing... Steve is back and evil as ever

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 6 Jan. 2014
This is an amazing book I love every minute!! I would recommend it to anybody who wants a good read

You will need to read the first book first so it makes sense!

It is just an amazing book that keeps you hooked from the first page till the last!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg, 24 Nov. 2013
Completely shocked in every way, even found a tear dripping off my cheek. A past friend shows his true colours

5.0 out of 5 stars utterly devastating, a truly brilliant book by ds., 22 Jun. 2013
The best book in TSODS so far, with a CATASTROPHIC twist at the end which left me stunned. An awesome book which undoubtedly had me on the edge of my seat until the very end! DEFINITELY RECCOMEND THIS BOOK

5.0 out of 5 stars SUSPENSE!, 11 Jun. 2013
This book was incredible. Personally, even though I love Darren Shan's work, I have been tiring of the vampaneze and their nasty ways. I won't spoil this for others but there is an astounding amount of twists and turns in this book. This is an absolute must for lovers of Darren's unique saga.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 24 Jan. 2013
Anna Overton (Maidstone, Kent, GB) - See all my reviews
This is an amazing book I have read the rest of the books and plan to read the next one's but this one is brilliant defiantly read its worth it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Killers of the Dawn (The Saga of Darren Shan, Book 9)
Killers of the Dawn (The Saga of Darren Shan, Book 9) by Darren Shan (Paperback - 5 Feb. 2009)