5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone in a long relationship
Brillant, for long relationships. It helps in relationship problems as well as understanding the opposite sex.This book is great because it deals with both male and female sides. NOWAY, is this book just for females.So, listen up this book can improve your relationship! Hope you buy this book because you'll be mad not to!
Published on 13 Nov 2001 by Helly

1.0 out of 5 stars Over generalised stereotypical analysis
Yes the author caveats by saying he's made generalisations about gender characteristics but when the whole model of the book is about gender differences, it defeats the object. Thoroughly infuriating read.
Published 11 months ago by SteelWoman

5.0 out of 5 stars For anyone in a long relationship, 13 Nov 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to think this book would be rubbish............, 23 Feb 2004
By A Customer
.......but now I believe that it has saved my marriage. After years of conflict, when only finance kept us together, plus the fear of being alone, I and my husband have entered into a new phase of our relationship. We have both read this amazing book, and we finally understand both ourselves and each other. Right from the first page, you feel as if you are reading about YOURSELF. And about your partner. And about the dynamic of your marriage or relationship. It is quite extraordinary. We are not unique, we are not alone. PLEASE read this book - even if you think you have a happy relationship. Maybe your partner feels differently, but dare not say so. So both read it. Do it now. A stitch in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent guide to how the other half thinks, 17 April 2000
By A Customer
If you don't mind the rather "touchy-feely" approach,this is an excellent guide to communication within relationships.Having compared notes with my husband,it really does seem as if Mr. Gray has a good insight to both sides of the gender divide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful must have relationship handbook!, 1 Aug 2006
I first read this book over a year ago and have just re-read it recently. I found it very insightful and so helpful on both occasions.

I think it is definitely worth reading and you may learn something new.

I learnt new ways to communicate with my boyfriend and turn what we had into the relationship i had always wanted. I also learnt valuable lessons about myself and my own behaviour and realised that some of the things i said or did were having a destructive effect on our relationship - it definitely wasn't all my boyfriend's fault as i had originally thought.

The love letters are an invaluable tool for organising your thoughts rather than just launching into an argument - it pays to take a deep breath and write one using the structured guide. I guarantee you will be surprised at some of the feelings and thoughts that come out.

I have recently passed this book to a friend and it has been so rewarding to see her take control of her relationship using the advice it contains. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new approach to their relationship.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye-opening and inspirational, with humour. Great book., 9 Mar 2001
By A Customer
When I finally got round to reading this book, I was pleasantly surprised. Gray does make alot of valid observations about "Venusians" and "Martians".....even if it is an overview. The main thing I learned from this book was that your partner won't necessarily love you the way you love them. I'm in an LDR and would get frustrated at how my partner would react (or not) to situations etc...this book helped me see that they love a different way.....and just because it is not the way you show love, it doesn't mean they don't love you. By reading this book before I even hit marriage, I hope that divorce will never be an option. I did think there'd be more on "relationhip issues" such as sex, friends, work, finances etc like another reviewer mentioned.
An excellent book......it will definitely de-mist some areas of your relationship and bring understanding to your partner's behaviours and reasons for them...but hopefully his other titles include what this book lacked.
Buy it and see for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful guide for anyone in a relationship, 1 April 2008
K. Roycroft "LadyK" (England) - See all my reviews
Reading this book helped me more than I could have imagined. The author describes male and female attributes in a realistic way and I could see myself and my other half reflected in his words. I didn't even realise that I had a communication problem; I was given this book and read it out of curiosity. Each section of the book reveals strikingly simple yet hugely important points which can really help the way you interact and communicate with others, even if you're not in a relationship. There are key ideas which require a little bit of work to break your bad habits and implement the new way of speaking. I see that Amazon do not stock this book any more, but I strongly recommend getting hold of a copy from the marketplace as this book has proved to be invaluable to me. Take it step by step and if you are having serious relationship issues try and get your partner to read along with you and share the experience. It's a real eye-opener.

5.0 out of 5 stars Divorce Pending, Not Now!, 24 July 2000
By A Customer
This is the book that helped me understand the female sychie, and helped me understand the often irrational approach my wife took when dealing with day to day life in our marriage. I recomend this book to any man who is sick of banging his head against a brick wall, and just needs to understand this beautiful but often complex species.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Man and Woman should read this book., 21 Oct 2001
By A Customer
I finally understand why my husband, and men in general, sometimes seem to speak a different language - we do! An excellent book and easy reading. Highly recommended to anyone interested in communicating effectively with the opposite sex.

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be mandatory reading for 16 year olds in all schools worldwide, 10 Jan 2010
James Walsh "Jim Walsh" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
In my humble opinion, Men Are From Mars - Women Are From Venus should be mandatory reading for 16 year olds in all schools worldwide. I had two relationships of 15 years+ and each went down the tubes - and to be totally honest - I didn't know why! Having read this book:
- I now know why both ended
- how much we both gave to each other - but did not know how much the other was giving
- If I had read the book much earlier, the second - even the first relationship - would still be intact - deeply loving each other
- But no regrets - we can't change the past but I am certainly looking forward to the future !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It saved me!, 5 Jun 2007
N. Prota "Ayla" (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I read this book in a week, not reading more than 2 hours a day! It is just amazing how it got me totally involved!

After a hard period with my boyfriend, and after my mother reccommended it to me for months, I finally decided to give it a chance. What happened is that I understood some of "common sense" things, some of which my boyfriend was trying to explain for long time unsuccessfully, because what made the difference is a clear and simple way of saying them. In a "loving" way! The author holds a PhD in psychology, and has a lot of experience so he is able to communicate his messagge in a successfull way.

Personally, it saved my relationship from sinking forever. Now I understand that I was always loved, even my "rubber band" boyfriend had the need to "pull away" to fulfill his need for independence.

I strongly suggest it to everyone, it can change your life.

The fact that it is so repetitive is because it is supposed to teach, and not just to entratain, so for the message to get through it needs to be repeated. It worked with me. Now I can't wait for my boyfriend to read it as well.

I feel like an entire new life is in front of me, thank to this book!