5.0 out of 5 stars ENDOMETRIOSIS "BIBLE"
Published on 19 Jan. 2003 by knonam

3.0 out of 5 stars Long winded, but an interesting read
I started reading this book a year ago and have just finished it! It is quite dry due to the scientific explanations of everything and the fact that you can't just skip a section to go to the part that is relevant to you. If you do, the text inevitably refers to something in a previous chapter.
Having said all that, I feel much more knowledgable after reading it and...
Published on 15 Sept. 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars ENDOMETRIOSIS "BIBLE", 19 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Endometriosis: A Key to Healing And Fertility Through Nutrition (Paperback)
A comprehensive and articulate collection of must-know facts about endometriosis. A full description of the condition, symptoms, medical treatments, related conditions and alternative treatments - primarily through nutrition - combining traditional and up-to-the minute medical facts with both case studies and the author's own personal experience. The author is a reliable source of information, being actively involved in worldwide research, treatment and working alongside charities. A "bible" for anyone with, or that might have, endometriosis.

5.0 out of 5 stars execellent, 8 Aug. 2003
I have found this book excellent. It gives a very comprehensive easy to understand view, it feels supportive. It gives great nutritional advice. It is the best book on endometriosis i have found so far, I would recommend it to everyone with the disease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth while resource, 2 Feb. 2006
By A Customer
I read this book after diagnosis and much pain/fear/confusion. Then I went to see Dian to get some treatment.
It worked for me, very quickly. 2 years down the line I am happy and healthy and the endo is stable.
If you don't want to go down the hormone/sugery route - set aside some time to read this book and then go and see Dian.

3.0 out of 5 stars Long winded, but an interesting read, 15 Sept. 2004
By A Customer
Having said all that, I feel much more knowledgable after reading it and it has helped me to understand what is happening to my body and given me a good idea of how to deal with it in a natural way, without drug treatments.
I would recommend this book to any endometriosis sufferer, whether you are more concerened about the pain or the infertility side of it, but don't expect an easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 Jun. 2014
I have 3 stage endometriosis. I had my 3th surgery in April when I ordered this book. After my last surgery I refused all pills and hormone drugs. I decided that I try to solve my problem with natural methods.
This book (directions in it) has amazing results. After first month the menstrual pain reduced radically, in the second month the long of my period and the pains also reduced more. This month is the third and I have already very little symptoms of endometriosis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Endometriosis: A Key to Healing and Fertility Trough Nutrition, 18 Feb. 2010
Justyna Skalny "j" (ireland) - See all my reviews
It is great book. I would definitely recommend it to women who are tired of chemical medication which give side effects. When you fallow the instructions given by the author you can really feel better!

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholarly - but dont rely on this book alone to heal you, 31 Mar. 2011
This book is a scholarly attempt at trying to explain all the complex biological intercactions going on in an endo-sufferer's body. I felt it was an illuminating about the hormonal and endocrinal nature of this disease, but I agree it is explained in long-winded manner which does not help the clarity of the points Dian is trying to make.

One criticism however, is the way she denigrates orthodox medicine - in favour of holistic teatments - which I fear could give people the idea that they can heal themselves. I have had Stage IV endometriosis for 9 years and although I believe that alternative treatment and nutrition can help, it is in fact only orthodox medicine which has ultimately sorted out my problems. In one case I allowed myself to be persuaded to defer surgery by an acupuncturist - only then to find out during a laparoscopy that I had a cyst the size of a grapefruit which resulted in an emergency laparotomy. All I say is - yes help yourself with diet and alternative medicine - but do this in tandem with your GP and consultant.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good book giving a thorough explanation about endometriosis, 8 July 2014
misssirhc (London, England) - See all my reviews
A very good book giving a thorough explanation about endometriosis, hormones, digestive system and more. If you are reading it for the very first time it can be quite daunting and overwhelming. It's best read a little at a time so you can soak in the information and make any changes required little by little.

I use it more as a reference book and go to it when I need to remind myself of certain things such as what vitamins and minerals are the most helpful.

It does contain some diet plans and recipes but you may need something else to supplement this if you specifically want meal ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 29 April 2014
This book is brilliant was just what I need. Explained everything in great detail, does go into a lot of detail in some places. Requires the whole book to be read to understand everything. Great menu ideas and some great personal stories. Hopefully I'm now well on my way to healing

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase for endo sufferers!, 14 Nov. 2011
I purchased this book after my many trips to A&E from the pain of endometriosis. It deals with pain management, fertility and diet. It basically tells you all the things your Dr. should - if they had the time. It enforces that whilst endometriosis is a chronic disease it can be managed through a healthy lifestyle and diet and sometimes without the need of conventional medicines and surgical intervention. Brilliant case studies too, written by people who suffer from endometriosis, but who now manage the symptoms and continue to lead a normal life.

Endometriosis: A Key to Healing And Fertility Through Nutrition
Endometriosis: A Key to Healing And Fertility Through Nutrition by Dian Shepperson Mills (Paperback - 1 July 2002)