Format: PaperbackChange

on 19 January 2003
A comprehensive and articulate collection of must-know facts about endometriosis. A full description of the condition, symptoms, medical treatments, related conditions and alternative treatments - primarily through nutrition - combining traditional and up-to-the minute medical facts with both case studies and the author's own personal experience. The author is a reliable source of information, being actively involved in worldwide research, treatment and working alongside charities. A "bible" for anyone with, or that might have, endometriosis.
on 8 August 2003
I have found this book excellent. It gives a very comprehensive easy to understand view, it feels supportive. It gives great nutritional advice. It is the best book on endometriosis i have found so far, I would recommend it to everyone with the disease.
on 21 June 2014
I have 3 stage endometriosis. I had my 3th surgery in April when I ordered this book. After my last surgery I refused all pills and hormone drugs. I decided that I try to solve my problem with natural methods.
This book (directions in it) has amazing results. After first month the menstrual pain reduced radically, in the second month the long of my period and the pains also reduced more. This month is the third and I have already very little symptoms of endometriosis.
on 2 February 2006
I read this book after diagnosis and much pain/fear/confusion. Then I went to see Dian to get some treatment.
It worked for me, very quickly. 2 years down the line I am happy and healthy and the endo is stable.
If you don't want to go down the hormone/sugery route - set aside some time to read this book and then go and see Dian.
on 10 November 2015
I bought my copy of this book about 12 years ago. A superb book that is the difference between suffering and healing. The nutritional advice and science behind it along with quotes and case studies make it very easy to shift you lifestyle to a better, healthier version of you. My older sister had suffered endometriosis and after an operation she decided that she didn't want to go down that route again (unfortunately it was not till after surgery that she was told that the surgery actually spreads the sites of endometrisis) (It did also remove a large cyst/endometrioma that was pressing on her spine and bladder). She was never told that nutrition alters your hormones and can improve things. I also had an operation to remove a cyst from my ovary, again I was told after surgery that this can spread the problem whilst removing the cyst. I was told that nutrition would not have helped enough. Well after reading the book and acting on all of the advice given in the February when it looked like the condition was resurfacing, my health improved and as a 37 year old...with many years of mis-diagnosis (I was told in my 20s that I was probably menopausal!!) I found out that I was pregnant (I'm not saying that following the suggestions for lifestyle and nutrition changes will result in pregnancy - but it did in my case). I was told I was sub-fertile so it came as rather a shock and a very pleasant surprise. Never underestimate the power of improved nutrition. I know someone who has had 5 operations for endo....they didn't read the book. My sister and I had no recurrence of this condition-we read the book!
I bought this copy for a lady in her early 50s who was potentially going to have a hysterectomy and her daughter who looks like she might have poly-cystic ovary syndrome. I am sure they will both benefit from this.
on 18 February 2010
It is great book. I would definitely recommend it to women who are tired of chemical medication which give side effects. When you fallow the instructions given by the author you can really feel better!
on 31 March 2011
This book is a scholarly attempt at trying to explain all the complex biological intercactions going on in an endo-sufferer's body. I felt it was an illuminating about the hormonal and endocrinal nature of this disease, but I agree it is explained in long-winded manner which does not help the clarity of the points Dian is trying to make.

One criticism however, is the way she denigrates orthodox medicine - in favour of holistic teatments - which I fear could give people the idea that they can heal themselves. I have had Stage IV endometriosis for 9 years and although I believe that alternative treatment and nutrition can help, it is in fact only orthodox medicine which has ultimately sorted out my problems. In one case I allowed myself to be persuaded to defer surgery by an acupuncturist - only then to find out during a laparoscopy that I had a cyst the size of a grapefruit which resulted in an emergency laparotomy. All I say is - yes help yourself with diet and alternative medicine - but do this in tandem with your GP and consultant.
on 15 September 2004
I started reading this book a year ago and have just finished it! It is quite dry due to the scientific explanations of everything and the fact that you can't just skip a section to go to the part that is relevant to you. If you do, the text inevitably refers to something in a previous chapter.
Having said all that, I feel much more knowledgable after reading it and it has helped me to understand what is happening to my body and given me a good idea of how to deal with it in a natural way, without drug treatments.
I would recommend this book to any endometriosis sufferer, whether you are more concerened about the pain or the infertility side of it, but don't expect an easy read.
on 29 April 2014
This book is brilliant was just what I need. Explained everything in great detail, does go into a lot of detail in some places. Requires the whole book to be read to understand everything. Great menu ideas and some great personal stories. Hopefully I'm now well on my way to healing
on 20 April 2013
The book provides very thorough explanations for all the dietary advice and recommendations it gives. As a relatively sceptic person, particularly when considering alternative medicine and treatments, I find this approach appealing. In addition to understanding why certain recommendations are made, I enjoy learning about how the body functions, and what is required for each particular process. Having only received the book a few weeks back, I have not yet got very far in reading. Regardless, I have no doubt I will finish it, and due to the extent to which it affects my understanding of my condition, I am certain it will help me in making permanent changes to my diet. Furthermore, precisely the understanding it provides will ensure that the changes remain permanent. I have recommended this book to others, and continue doing so.