5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic
Don't judge this book by its ugly new cover. I first read CHARMED LIFE when I was a mere 7 years old, 18 years ago. I have been rereading it every two or three years since, and rediscovering bits to it I hadn't remembered from the last time around. This is a brilliant, witty, unexpected, endearing, interesting, fun, exciting, scary, fascinating, hilarious book, and...
Published on 8 May 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mythical, Mysterious and a rather strange read.
This was my first try at any Chrestomanci books and to be honest I didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't like the begining one bit and I just couldn't get into it. I found that the characters were quite scary and I am 11 years old!
Published on 7 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mythical, Mysterious and a rather strange read., 7 July 2000
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nearly brilliant, 19 July 2001
Excellent book but suffers in comparison to the Great Harry Potter but still a fantastic read full of interesting happenings and strange characters. I'm looking forward to reading or listening to all the others in the Chrestomanci series.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not very captivating..., 1 May 2001
By A Customer
I'm 15, so normally read adults' books (always fantasy!), but decided to give this a go after seeing reviews of it. Honestly, it was boring. OK for 8 year olds maybe, but for anyone older, no. If you want quality childrens' fantasy, try His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman, or classics like Elidor, The Weirdstone of Brisingamen and The Whispering mountain. These are childrens' books that can be enjoyed by anyone- including adults.

ARRAY(0xb3a3dd74)

Charmed Life (Collins Modern Classics)
Charmed Life (Collins Modern Classics) by Diana Wynne Jones (Paperback - 3 Dec 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01