on 19 January 2002
Having already read Fiona Horne's "Witch", and having loved it, I snapped this book up the first time I saw it! It is much like Witch in layout, and you could almost call it a baby sister, as it is a miniature of its predecessor!
You don't need to have read "Witch" beforehand, as it is completely self-contained and she explains everything in full detail, but it's nice to have them both to refer to together.
Once you get the book, you will need to make a whole week for yourself, where you will spend your time healing and transforming yourself for the better.
One very useful ritual included is one to help you rid yourself of any anger and pain that you harbour from past experiences. Fiona writes in a very honest and straightforward style, and aims her book at anyone who wants to make a change for the better. This is not just a book for young, or "teen" witches. If anything, it's aimed at slightly older people with wounds to heal and goals to aim for.
A very good book, and one I would certainly recommend to anyone! Well done on another fantastic contribution, Fiona!
A small book.
With disappointingly little within.

Bless F. Horne, she is a good author but I find this book empty. If you are going to invest time in spending seven days healing and spiritually progressing, I suggest you do much more with each day than as is suggested. Two activities specific to the 'intention' of the day are given (besides all the morning relaxations and miniature rituals etc.) and while these could easily fill up your day I find most of them hollow.

Too much attention is paid to finding the right herbs for incense, oils for anointing etc. Again, for people who require healing and growth so deeply as to invest a whole week away from the world, stressing over finding enough dried X or 100ml of Y oil is... unnecessary, I will say.

Some of the content is well advised and recommended, in particular Saturday's ritual. But - without becoming to personally focused - occasionally simply standing nude in the open air or day-dreaming beneath a tree for a moment is worth an hour of lighting candles and preparing handmade incense.
on 24 August 2010
The author is one of my favorites. Fiona Horne writes in a really friendly way. This book is brill but i planned a week and never got round to doing it so it is a good book lots of new ideas to think about but you need to plan a week or a day or even a weekend!!

really good book though even if just for the new ideas for each day you could incorporate it in to each day of your life.