4.0 out of 5 stars Albert Le Blance
A delightful childrens book,with great artwork which never fails to amuse my children. Your kids will enjoy trying to spot some of their favourate TV and fictional characters amongst the line up in Mr Jolly's toy shop. A great addition to any childs book collection.
Published on 30 Mar 2003 by Heidi

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
It's ok- my children like it.
Published 5 months ago by M. C. Chambers

4.0 out of 5 stars Albert Le Blance, 30 Mar 2003
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars Albert the Great..., 17 Mar 2003
Gareth Waterman "GW" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Hardcover)
Just how a good children's book should be. Well-written with good characters and interesting illustrations - so much to go looking for in the pictures!
However, to talk only about the hidden characters would be to diminish the impact of the simple but well-developed story - the apparent sadness of Albert and the comical attempts of the other toys to cheer him up.
Lots here about acceptance and not judging a book by its cover (although this book is great inside and out!), and well-loved by my 3 year old daughter - even if she doesn't know who the Trumpton fire brigade are!

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice book, 29 Nov 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Paperback)
This is the comment from my six year old daughter who really wanted to look up the story in ther internet after reading the book: I think that the beginning is really sad and the best bit is when Sally the Hippo fell on top of Albert Le Blanc. I think it's not too long nor too short. I think the end is very funny because Albert gets a smile on his face when he laughs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Albert, 2 Nov 2009
Mrs. Suzanne Ravenhall (Fareham, Hants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Paperback)
We (my almost 5 year old and I) just love this book. It's quite a long story with a lot of text, and when she was younger was easily distracted by the fabulous illustrations, so we often never got to the end. Now we're able to complete the story, she thinks the ending is hilarious. She's called her own soft polar bear Albert le Blanc, which she says with a real flourish in a fabulous French accent!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Paperback)
It's ok- my children like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as usual!, 6 July 2014
D. P. Hardy (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Paperback)
When isn't a Nick Butterworth book brilliant? I can't wait to start reading this to my grand daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a sweet story, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Paperback)
Bought this for our grand daughter. It is an adorable story with interesting theme about someone who looks sad but is actually quite happy inside! She took it to pre school for "show and tell" and it was a big hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is Albert Le Blanc really sad?, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Paperback)
Albert Le Blanc is a toy bear. He arrives in the toyshop and the other toys think he's sad because he has a sad face. But is he really? A great story with Nick Butterworth's lovely illustrations and some well know characters you'll have fun finding! Suitable for four plus age group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 3yr old grand daughter and we read it over and over,we both love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big laughs, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: Albert Le Blanc (Paperback)
We love Nick Butterworths books and this one was no disappointment. My six year old (and us) laughed and laughed at the lovely character portrayed in this gorgeous book.

There were added surprises in well known characters appearing and we really enjoyed trying to spot them throught the book.

Santa made a very good choice here!

Albert Le Blanc
Albert Le Blanc by Nick Butterworth (Paperback - 6 Oct 2003)