5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: this book could change your life!
Published on 16 April 2002 by Anna Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars No pictures
I am a keen cook, and love to try new recipes. I like to eat healthily. I have had this book for some time and not made anything from it. It just does not inspire me, hard to say why, probably because,there are no pictures. It's a shame, as the recipes are clearly healthy and well thought out.
Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by alexb123

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: this book could change your life!, 16 April 2002
Anna Harrison (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More Healing Foods: Over 100 Delicious Recipes to Inspire Health and Wellbeing (Paperback)
As a collector of cookbooks, I own many that have been flicked through plenty, but never cooked from. This is a book to cook from. The layout is quite different from the normal 'ingredients followed by method' formula, and it works really well! The ingredients accompany the method down the left hand side of the page, and the recipe is divided into stages. It is a layout that I can see being copied by other publishers, because it is so simple and easy to follow.
The photography in this book is beautiful; glossy pages and food-styling that isn't distracting combine to create a very persuasive image. Presentation is simple, not showy, and the food looks so appetising that it doesn't occur to you that it is vegan until you read the recipe. Did I forget to mention that? All the recipes are totally vegan, and based on whole, unrefined, unprocessed foods. The first section of the book explains why this is, based on the consensus of modern science. Focussing on the bits that everyone agrees (this is no crank diet, promising much and delivering little), for example that we should minimise our intake of animal protein, and avoid refined food such as white flour and sugar, the book is divided into types of foods, so that it easy to combine dishes to create a balanced meal. Even if you cannot give up your weekly steak (and I am with you, if that is the case) then the vegetable dishes and salads that can be found in this book are so delicious that it is easy to include them, even if you are not looking to radically change your diet. The author's love of food comes through the pages clearly, and this is no poor substitute for good eating. There are curries and other spicy dishes, and dips and sauces that could be used to great effect at a BBQ. The dessert section makes good use of fresh and dried fruit to replace white sugar, and sounds every bit as appetising as a victoria sponge with cream and jam! Every recipe sounds delicious and the fact that your body benefits is a bonus.
A great book for people who have not cooked without meat before, or those who thought they weren't too keen on vegetables, and a brilliant book for anyone who wants to learn more about the different techniques used in vegan cookery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good healthy recipies for all, 14 Aug. 2010
Paul Horton - See all my reviews
Great book. Jane Sen had managed to complie a set of recipies which are not only healthy but are also exciting and not overly challenging. The NHS would have far less work to do if everyone ate like this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty very tasty, 26 Sept. 2013
It has taken me many years to realise that I have been eating substances which caused major problems with my health.
Its a bit late in the day really for me to attempt to reverse all my problems. However my introduction to Healing foods and More healing foods has been a revelation. I find that I am enjoying very tasty meals which a few months ago I would not have believed possible. Although my taste buds appear to have come alive it's the benefit to my health
which is most apparent. I would urge anyone who has health problems which are ongoing to get a copy of More Healing foods and start eating meals to change their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 3 April 2013
I love this book as its so simple and easy to use and the recipes are really delicious. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars No pictures, 18 Dec. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 8 Dec. 2014
this is a tasty colourful and healthy collection of recipes particularly liked the chana dal with leavesand the bean and mushroom pate

More Healing Foods: Over 100 Delicious Recipes to Inspire Health and Wellbeing