Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 July 2012
I love Fay Weldon most of the time, this is an early book and I have read it quite a few times , it is funny, sad, spooky , touching and entertaining . It is of course, short , so it reads very quickly but Fay Weldon is a genius at painting vivid characters with just a very few brush strokes which is a clever tactic.
I prefer this to "She Devil "- is Weldon at her quirky best as some of her later books have lost this quirkiness .
on 12 October 2013
Fay Weldon's book is strangely compellingly...the interwoven lives of the characters, the air of sadness which hangs over them, the depth of hidden emotion all left me disquieted. Perhaps that is the point...
on 15 July 2013
Another witty and intelligent insight into love and loss by Fay Weldon. The simplicity of the story can only come from a complex and brilliant mind.
on 15 March 2016
With no space in my home for any more books, I would really appreciate a format of this for Kindle....