5.0 out of 5 stars You can't afford the luxury of being without this book!
Published on 7 April 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Positive thinking
Published on 21 Nov 2009 by Glyn

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't afford the luxury of being without this book!, 7 April 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: You Can't Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought: A Guide to Positive Thinking (Paperback)
Superbly written and immensely practical. This is a book I will refer to time and time again, and can thoroughly recommend to anyone who has ever been dogged with negative thinking. Also a worthwhile reference for anyone who is serious in wanting to help a friend as it will give you an insight into incorrect thinking patterns and allow you to assist their recovery from depression. Worth every penny and more - a book you shouldn't be without, I only wish I could have read it sooner.

4.0 out of 5 stars New light on common sense, 21 Aug 2002
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This excellent book is divided into 2 parts: The disease and the cure, and the latter consists of 3 sections: Accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative and Latch onto the affirmative. It explains the fight or flight response, the effect thoughts have on the body, and the question of death. It also deals with mourning, how to focus on the positive and has a useful section on depression. Suitable quotes by inter alia Freud, Santayana, Voltaire, Emerson, Russell, Shaw, Anais Nin, Epicurus, Whitman, Keller, Hippocrates, Oscar Wilde and Maria Montessori enhance the text and help to explain things. I would not say that it is absolutely the best self-help book I've ever read ( a little more emphasis on how to influence the subconscious mind would have been valuable), but it casts welcome new light on this thing called "common sense." It is a pleasure to read and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars could everyone please return my other copies!!!!, 9 Nov 2000
By A Customer
this is now the 7th copy of this book that i am purchasing!!! all the rest have been handed out to good friends in moments of need and for one reason or another, it just doesn't come back!!!this is such an outstanding book. it is spiritual, it is funny, it is sensible, it is tender, it is realistic and wise, and an absolute pleasure to read.broken down into 2-3 page chapters, it is simply one of the best guides to living that i have ever come across. for anyone who has ever wanted their own spiritual guru, this is a paperback version of one.enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all occasions, 13 Feb 2004
This book is fantastic. It is simply written, easy to understand, and a pleasure to read.
It can be picked up and read at any time, as I have done. I didnt even start from the beginning I just picked a section I was interested in and started to read, and I havent stoped yet. It makes you think instead of being told.
The quotes on each page are truly inspirational and you will refer back to them many times as Im sure you will with the whole book.
If I had the money I would buy a copy for everyone I knew.
Happy reading

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding, 6 Jan 2006
By A Customer
I have read so many reviews which have said if only i had bought this book first i would have saved so much time, well this is the one for me.
I will keep this short and sweet, if your in a difficult place in your life or you have a friend who is then do your self a favour and buy this very easy to read ,extremly accurate, god send of a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and life changing., 28 April 2008
I've always been very skeptical about self-help books, but after being recommended this book by someone I respect I thought I'd give it a try.

Its an amazing book which has quite literally transformed my life and the way I think about things. I would recommend it to anyone, even those who are fit, well and completely happy in their lives. I'm sure that it would be of benefit to anyone who reads it and its cheap!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book!, 9 Oct 2007
TC (Bromsgrove, Worcs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this book 13 years or so ago. It was my essential reading for ages. Then I kind of forgot about it. Then I slid further down the spiral for several years. I just picked it up again...it's cheaper & funnier than therapy, no quick fixes, no 'magic bullet' but really good 'dip in' reading. Recommended reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Positive thinking, 21 Nov 2009
Glyn (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
I must say I was rather disappointed as I felt it didn't live up to it's impressive title. It didn't seem to actually explain why I shouldn't listen to negative thoughts, though I know this to be very true. I didn't like the sayings that were continually quoted without backup. What I really wanted was more proof and less general chatter. However if you have already purchased the book and follow the advice it will improve many areas of your life. If you have not yet purchased it, maybe another book would be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 24 Feb 2014
uplifting and easy to read. Applies to people with many different types of problems, inertia, bereavement, depressed, in debt, wrong job, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 1 July 2013
This book was recommended for me to read and I found it full of fascinating and poignant quotations along with positive and inspiring techniques and ways of thinking.

ARRAY(0xa742e864)