5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic
I used to weep with boredom when reading bedtime stories about little red hens and Old Farmers, this is different. Its funny, genuinely funny. I am not a man easily moved to laughter, (since I have a two year old who is an insomniac,who together with his 4 year old brother who are about as easy to please as a taliban warrior with piles.
Fix it Duck does the trick. It...
Published on 26 Jan 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - but careful which you buy
OK - Fix It Duck is absolutely brilliant, I love it and force my 19-month old son to listen to it again and again and again (luckily, he quite likes it too).

Published on 29 Aug 2008 by Anna

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic, 26 Jan 2002
This review is from: Fix-It Duck (Hardcover)
Fix it Duck does the trick. It is beyond doubt the finest childrens book that adults can also enjoy I have yet encountered, funny, brilliantly illustrated...

5.0 out of 5 stars Duck is back!!, 1 May 2002
This review is from: Fix-It Duck (Hardcover)
This wonderful sequel to the fabulous Duck in the Truck is a must have for any parent or primary teacher. Duck is back and this time there is a hole in his roof and water is dripping through...it's time for him to become fix-it-duck. For those who are friends of duck, you know that this is not something he is likely to be good at, and so the fun begins. This book features the regular cast of Duck, Sheep and Goat, and it's worth keeping your eye out for Frog. A great combination of rhyming vocabulary and enticing illustrations that combine to tell the story...fantastic!

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - but careful which you buy, 29 Aug 2008
This review is from: Fix-It Duck (Board book)

BUT one of the versions on amazon is the American version - the differences are small but I found them very annoying ("'A flat,' says Duck"/ "he forgot to turn his faucet off!"). I think it's the version published by Kane/Miller that's American.

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch waterfowl mayhem, 5 Dec 2002
This is one of those books that I knew by heart within a week of owning it. My son (2.5 years when we first found the book) would have no other bedtime book for a long time. And he would shout out "Fix-it Duck" at the appropiate moments in the story.
Duck is one of those over-enthusiastic fellows who sweeps up his friends (Sheep, Goat and Frog) in a whirl of energy and good intentions, but with a never-ending trail of destruction behind him.
The story is told in easy-reading rhyme and the pictures are delightful, with plenty of little details to spot (handy for parents on endless repeat readings). Even the illustrations inside the front and back covers add to the story. Pay attention to what's happening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and Long-Lived, 1 May 2002
This review is from: Fix-It Duck (Hardcover)
My son (and I) have loved this story from the first day we opened it, when he was barely two, till now, six months on. It is a book that warrants reading and re-reading, with wonderful details on each page. Of course, the book cost us additional money, because then our son needed a tool box "like fix-it duck's" - I merely hope he will prove to be more competent when he uses them than that poor bird!
The rhymes encourage him to learn and repeat the story, and it is a book we keep coming back to. One of the few young children's books it is a joy to re-read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Duck in a truck returns to cause more mahem!, 19 Mar 2002
This review is from: Fix-It Duck (Hardcover)
If you liked Duck in a Truck, you'll love this book as well. Disaster prone Duck causes problems for sheep, frog and goat in this tale which keeps kids and parents entertained. Loads of detail in the pictures means you keep noticing more of the action, and there are lots of opportunities for children to join in with the story. A favourite anytime book in our house!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandmas please note, 15 Oct 2006
Kate Siddall (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This was the first Jez Alborough title we bought for our younger granddaughter, who was about 18 months at the time. She loved the story, the rhythm of the words, and the wonderful illustrations. It was her favourite book for a long time and wanted it reading so often that she soon knew the words by heart.

I think she enjoyed the 'naughtiness' of the Duck who is always creating havoc for his friends, and also the ending - if you've not read it I won't spoil it for you - which rounds the whole story.

Our elder grandaughter, around 3 and a half when we first bought it, also found it great fun and even now, aged 5, will still ask to hear the story.

We have since bought nearly all the Duck in the Truck stories, and they are all read time and time again. We even saw our younger granddaughter 'reading' it to her baby doll the other day - sweet.

A super present for the little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fix It Duck A Great Book, 7 Aug 2002
This review is from: Fix-It Duck (Hardcover)
This book has a good plot, is visually exciting for both child and parent, has a story within a story...where is Frog??
A good book to use in the development of stories and imaginative play.
My son knows it off by heart and tells the story to anyone who will sit down long enough to listen.
Thanks Jez Alborough...

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine Duck, 14 Dec 2001
This review is from: Fix-It Duck (Hardcover)
This builds on the characters introduced to us in Duck in the Truck: the Duck, the Frog, the Sheep and the Goat. Here we see Duck in all his glory, impulsive, enthusiastic and clueless. Pity the poor sheep, once again a victim of Duck's folly. All told in riotous rhyme, with glorious illustrations. A treat for small children and adult readers too. Any chance of the Revenge of the Sheep in the next one Jez?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fix-It Duck, 16 Oct 2010
A Kid's Review
This is an excellent book. My 30 month old daughter loves it. The book was in fanstastic condition for a second hand book. I was very impressed with this purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Fix-It Duck
Fix-It Duck by Jez Alborough (Hardcover - 3 Sep 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01