5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! A must read for all 80's Brat Pack fanatics.
Whatever happened to our heroes? With the exception of a few (I hear the guy out of Risky Business did OK for himself), the majority of our Brat Pack idols unfortunately seem to have disappeared without a trace. As Ellie Eversholt turns 30, she ponders why life didn't turn out quite how her heroes had made out it would in their movies. Stuck in a job she hates, living...
Published on 9 Oct 2001 by Sara Dennis (sarasinned@hotmai...

2.0 out of 5 stars Cack
The first Jenny Colgan book.I have read that didn't.have me.hooked. too many characters to ever really be sure who was.who, and an.unbelievable.storyline.dotted with eighties references which I thought I would.love but just found really irritating. Don't bother.
Published 6 months ago by Mum of 3

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for Andrew McCarthy, 6 Aug 2002
This review is from: Looking for Andrew McCarthy (Mass Market Paperback)
I absolutely love Jenny Colgan's writing style. I have already read "Amanda's Wedding" and just finished "Looking for Andrew McCarthy" This book was funny enlightening, and it had a top knotch story line. It was great too see a book involinging Andrew McCarthy and all of the "Brat Pack. I hope Jenny continue's to write more and I can't wait for my copy of "Talking to Addison".

5.0 out of 5 stars The good old 80's..., 19 Nov 2001
I loved this book! I am a massive fan of the 80's, the Brat Pack and the Brat Pack movies, so I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I particularly loved the character 'Big B**tard' and found myself laughing out loud whenever his name was mentioned. True, it's unrealistic, but books are all about escapism, and this one was fantastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking for Andrew McCarthy, 28 Jun 2014
Wow this book is very good, recommend to anyone who loves books by Jenny Colgan. Can't wait to read the next book

3.0 out of 5 stars not her best, 27 April 2014
I struggled to get onto this book, but eventually grew to like it rushing to finish the book so that could find out the ending.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looking for Andrew McCarthy Utter Rubbish,, 15 Feb 2014
this must be one of Jenny,s first books, language is horrible so offensive, dreadful read , waste of my time

4.0 out of 5 stars great 80's references, 8 Feb 2014
love the brat pack and love chick lit, then you can't go wrong with this book.

I laughed out loud, I cried out loud great for anyone whom was in their early teens during the mid to late 80's!

A great holiday read (or a winters Saturday read curled up with a hot chocolate).

1.0 out of 5 stars An utter waste, 13 Nov 2013
I'm sorry to say, but this book was an utter waste of money and the paper it was written on.
I normally love jenny Colgan but not this time. It felt as if it was a rushed book, with no real content matter.
The story line is poor, and lacking.
Don't waste your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as captivating as some of Jenny's other reads, 10 July 2013
I'm usually gripped to Jenny's novels however this one I struggled to get through! I found some sentences didn't make sense and the wording throughout a bit confusing at times I found myself having to read back over parts again to get sense out of it! Nonetheless a light hearted read.

1.0 out of 5 stars An ugly sister to Amanda's Wedding, 25 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Looking for Andrew McCarthy (Mass Market Paperback)
Jenny! What were you thinking? Amanda's Wedding had me enthralled for the duration of a four hour flight. I started again at the beginning when I finished! But this? This latest offering is just such a poor relation. "Looking For Andrew McCarthy" is neither a plausible nor an enjoyable story. I felt nothing but pity for all of the characters. And while I am on the subject, please, please will someone tell these Chick Lit authoresses that a token "gay mate" is not something to be used as an accessory to the life of a single girl any more. It is SO five minutes ago!
I was looking forward to a journey down memory lane - as is usual when confronted with Top of the Pops these days - it is usually at this point that one laughs at the fashion/music/antics of one's recent past... I'm afraid I couldn't find anything to laugh at as the stench of nostalgia in this book was unfortunately as overwhelming as the story was underwhelming. Anyone as desperately in need of a life as the heroine in this novel should be put out of her misery - and ours. Don't bother ... it's another one that will turn up in your dentist's waiting room in about 6 months time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 26 July 2002
This review is from: Looking for Andrew McCarthy (Mass Market Paperback)
You pick up a chicklit book and then complain it's not Salman Rushdie, what's wrong with these people? This is classic chicklit. The best I've read. Reading Looking for Andrew McCarthy reminded of that feeling you get after watching a classic episode of Friends. You're not any wiser, it hasn't changed your life, and OK the characters aren't exactly deep and meaningful, but then you've got that big smile on your face at the end, and what's wrong with that? Jenny's characters are people you'd like to be and you'd like your friends to be in a perfect world where nobody has any worries and nothing that bad really ever happens if you've got mates.
Jenny Colgan writes very funny dialogue, tells a sharp story and this book is her best so far. I defy anybody to read this book and not laugh outloud. My favourite bit was the pig sequence.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Looking for Andrew McCarthy
Looking for Andrew McCarthy by Jenny Colgan (Mass Market Paperback - 4 July 2011)