5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but VERY big!, 22 Jan 2007
Al (Farnborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent dictionary.

Very comprehensive, and the font, colour scheme & general presentation make it easy to find the word or expression you are looking for, and are attractive.

One warning though - this is a VERY large book; check the dimensions shown in the description before ordering! It will take up a large space on your shelf and will probably be too large to carry to & from college or on your travels. You may need a pocket dictionary as well, or go for the concise version of this one (which appears to be an excellent dictionary too).

5.0 out of 5 stars so much better than Oxford Hachette !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 7 Aug 2006
This dictionary is the finest French dictionary so far. The vocabulary is up-to-date, there are lots of examples and the font is eye-friendly. French is my third language, Polish being the first, but I still look into this dictionary for English translations rather that search French-Polish-French dictionaries because Collins is more thorough. Compared to Oxford Hachette which I also have this one is far better in grasping the modern French and I definitely choose Collins over Oxford, or any other FR-En dictionary for that matter

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 8 Sep 2007
I am doing A Level French, and this dictionary was recommended to me at the beginning of my AS Level course.
The dictionary is very comprehensive, and excellently laid out. When looking up words, they are often placed in common phrases, which makes it very easy to use. I find that the essay phrases which divide the french-english from the english-french sections are paricularly useful in helping me to raise the level of my language.
Having used this book often during the past year, I can find no faults, and am sure it will be of great use to me in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best..., 13 July 2008
Sally Douglas (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This is THE French dictionary to have. Don't bother with anything smaller. Extremely well organised, it will always have the answer for those tricky little usages where a lesser dictionary could have you making a fool of yourself.

I see there's an new, 30th anniversary, edition out. I'm sure it'll be even better - but I'll be sticking with this one for a few years yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 19 July 2004
Mr. M. A. Hunter "Le Hip Hop Français!" (Woking, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collins Robert French Dictionary (Hardcover)
I bought this book for use with my open university studies, and although its hardly "portable" it looks like this book is going to last me several years and then some. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars French Dictionary, 13 Feb 2014
An excellent book, very informative and does it's job well translating French to English and English to French a very good reference book especially if you are learning French.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dictionary, 3 April 2013
This passed my degree for me! It was really helpful - especially the blue pages in the centre, which explain letters/emails etc in context.

Collins Robert French Dictionary
Collins Robert French Dictionary (Hardcover - 7 May 2002)
Used & New from: £0.50