5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding the word SELLING
Many books make selling seem hard, ITS NOT.This book is Excellent for people who have just started in sales/retail and read in adition to your companies training. It gives you an over view of how simple selling is. As a retail manager I have lent my copy to many of my new starters, to help paint the picture.
I also found it refreshing to read after being in sales for...
Published on 18 Nov. 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Trite drivel
Published on 9 Feb. 2002 by J. Whiting

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding the word SELLING, 18 Nov. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
I also found it refreshing to read after being in sales for years.
The book is short and simple , only takes a couple of hours to read. Not very dear to buy, worth getting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Trite drivel, 9 Feb. 2002
J. Whiting (Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
Here's a one minute summary of the 'principles' in this book - Be nice and ask the right questions, and you'll sell. Get referrals. If you're doing something right, keep doing it. If not, don't. Sadly, this book over-simplifies the whole business of selling, and comes across as a New Age diatribe rather than a book on salesmanship. Unless you're an accomplished salesperson, the advice in here is too brief to be of use. Get Tom Hopkins "Master the art of selling", and he'll teach you EVERYTHING. Avoid this 90s PC tosh like the plague!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bible for selling., 6 Oct. 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
From my days as an untrained salesman , I've always been interested in sales books. Many were over complicated or concentrated on overcoming objections, which shouldn't arise in the first instance.
This book is a fantastic blueprint for sales success which can be applied to all industries. As with anything, the process is simple and effective. I've worked for two organisations whose sales per head exceed any competitor in their industries. The sales processes are broadly similar to the One Minute Salesman!
I give this book to all my new recruits and experienced salesmen alike. It helps to keep them on track. You only have to be a couple of degrees off to end up where you didn't want to be! A sales classic.

4.0 out of 5 stars One Minute Manager Salesperson, 21 May 2004
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
Heading into Sales for the first time and at a mangerial level was very daunting to say the least, I was recommended to read this book by one of my future boss! I found the book to be an excellent tool and it really helped me build my confidence. It really does prove that it is presence of mind, determination and attitude that win those sales!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to Create a "60-Second Miracle", 27 Sept. 2005
Robert Morris (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
Of the hundreds of books now available which offer guidance on sales, this is one of the most valuable because -- carefully adhering to the "one minute principle" -- Johnson compresses an abundance of practical advice within just 109 pages. He creates a hypothetical situation in which "a very successful sales person" reflects back on his career and recalls specific people from whom he learned how to succeed. They include a wealthy and respected "salesman" who was now chairman of the board of a major corporation and several others, he explains, who also had become a One Minute Sales Person. The eager young man then seeks each out, schedules a meeting, and thereby sustains his learning process. By the end of the book, the New One Minute Sales Person receives a call from a "brand-new sales person" eager to obtain his advice. He agrees to meet with her, willing to share with her what so many others had shared with him. That in the proverbial nutshell is how Johnson organizes his material but such a brief description cannot possibly do full justice to the value of that material.
It would be a disservice to both Johnson and to those who read this review to say much more about this book. (I found myself in precisely the same situation when reviewing Johnson's Who Moved My Cheese?) I highly recommend it to anyone involved in significant relationships with others. Yes, yes, I know: That includes most of the adult population on the planet Earth. Permit me to explain. The core principles which Johnson advocates are relevant to any situation in which the objective is communication (e.g. explanation and/or persuasion) or providing service to others (helping them to solve problems, fill their needs, achieve their own objectives, etc.). Moreover, I totally agree with Johnson that everyone is a sales person, that selling to one's self and to others are interdependent, and that the most important "pay off" should be measured in spiritual rather than in material terms.
My strong suggestion is that anyone involved with sales or customer service in any organization (regardless of size or nature) should read this book. All of the workshops I devise and conduct for my own corporate clients are based on this assumption: That it is a great privilege to serve others. Those who disagree are strongly encouraged to seek opportunities elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
I bought several of the 'One Minute Manager' books a couple of years ago from Amazon, including this one. They are indeed an excellent read with some fine insights on to how to solve management and business related problems. I did buy this book from Amazon - but I realise I should not have done. I should have ordered it from my local book store and been content to Why? Not because of the price - he can't possibly compete with Amazon either on price or delivery. But he does pay tax in the United Kingdom. He doesn't use tax shelters or transfer pricing or any of the perfectly legal but ethically inexcusable methods that Amazon uses in order to avoid paying corporate taxes on its profits in this country and others.

My local book seller is an honest hard working business man, he deserves my support.

Note to Amazon - you can delete this, but it will be posted elsewhere.

PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE OF TAXES!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a MUST READ!, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
Was given a copy a long time ago and recently re-bought and re-read it. Its so simple but in the rush of everyday life its easy to forget the basics. This is a great book and will help any sales person be better in selling or just anybody in their own life.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Minute Manager Improved my Sales!, 6 Feb. 2008
Millie Warham "The-book-lady" (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
I read this wonderful, simple book and despite 12 years in telesales it refocused me and reminded me of the things I should be doing. I had been bored and weary of selling on the phone but since reading this have doubled my commision and I'm back on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Retirement pot builder, 2 April 2014
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
Read this thirty years ago when it was The Ten Minute Salesman. Always worth dipping into when things are no at going as well as you would like. Bought this a gift to a youngster just starting out on his road to a sales career.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: One Minute Salesperson (Paperback)
Arrived on time and was enclosed safely. The book is very interesting and I learned a lot. It will be helpful if you intend to start a career in business.

One Minute Salesperson
One Minute Salesperson by Larry Wilson (Paperback - 2 Feb. 2004)