5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable
I tried this book and cd after "giving up" several times before, in the 16 years that i've been smoking anywhere between 20 to 40 cigarettes a day.

I approached this with an open mind and as i was really wanting to quit, i thought i'd give it a try...

Published on 4 Dec 2006 by Billy Saule

3.0 out of 5 stars Pay good attention to detail
I failed using this method. On reflection, I don't think I gave enough attention to the details. I read the book quickly and didn't apply the section on breathing (this will make more sense if you read the book.)
The CD is very relaxing and affirmative, but the effects just didn't do the desired job on my psyche and I was craving again after a couple of hours...
Published on 8 May 2002 by chris.s@nme.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 4 Dec 2006
This review is from: Stop Smoking in One Hour: Play the CD... just once... and never smoke again! (Listen Just Once to the CD and Youll Never Smoke Again!) (Paperback)

I don't know what happened?! I read the first half of the book; quite informative and interesting; this took about half an hour....then put the cd on (i used headphones on a quiet-ish level)...

When i "awoke" after 20 or so mins i felt pretty much the same as before, though a lot more relaxed... and then 2 hours later joined my friends in the pub for a fun Saturday night. What i CAN'T understand is i didn't even think about smoking! People were smoking right next to me and it didn't bother me in the slightest...it didn't ONCE cross my mind to have a cigarette or to even think i used to smoke!

After the second pint i would normally have begun my usual "chain smoking" where you just forget how many you're smoking and end up at the cigarette machine paying over the odds for 16 of the little fellas! But i had NO cravings whatsoever! I saw it as something other people did and i didn't, so it didn't really cross my mind to think about it!

It really doesn't seem to be part of my life now, and it's hard to remember me smoking before?? Nothing has changed in me except i have more energy; i'm a little more positive and i smell nice!

I really do urge you to try this. Go at it with an open mind and a desire to stop smoking and you should get the results i did. It's amazing! But so very weird at the same time! Still to this day don't understand what's happened, and i don't even want to know!

5.0 out of 5 stars I now KNOW, beyond ANY doubt that I'll NEVER smoke again!, 4 Oct 2006
HI, I bought the book and CD set after reading the excellent reviews here on amazon.

My review is straight to the point,positive and simple - just like the book!!

IT WORKS.

That's it!

I read half of the book...

Then...

Listened to the CD last thing at night...

Then...

No withdrawals...

No side-effects...

No Mumbo-Jumbo!...

No Weight-gain...

NO SMOKER!!

and NOW...

I'm a non-smoker and have been for just over 6 months now.

I now KNOW, KNOW beyond ANY doubt that I'll NEVER smoke again.

The Hypnotherapy Session on the CD you get with the book is so incredibly powerful, relaxing and PERMANENT!

It's almost like a switch is flipped on in your brain that turns off the smoking addiction. Just awesome, life-changing and recommended to anyone who wants to quit the filthy and expensive addiction to something that does us absolutely no good whatsoever EVER!

Do it! Buy the book and change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 20 Jan 2009
This CD/book is amazing and really worked for me, I don't really understand how it works but it does! I had tried every method under the sun to stop smoking, patches, filters, gum, you name it. Just read half of the book, listen to the CD and read the other half and that's it. Like anyone wanting to stop smoking you have to be serious about quitting and really feel the time is right to stop, as long as you do really want to stop, this CD is just what you need and a lot cheaper than patches or anything like that. The CD only lasts about 20 minutes and after you have listened to it, you just don't want to smoke! Doctors should hand this out instead of patches or counselling. Buy it, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what it says on the cover!, 23 Mar 2001
By A Customer
My mum was the one who actually purchased this book- I didn't believe it would actually work, so to prove this- I did it.
I used to smoke around 20 cigs a day (more if I was out) and after reading the book and listening to the CD- only once- before I went to sleep, I can say honestly that I am a non-smoker and I have no desire to EVER start again! Susan Hepburn's formula works like magic. I lent the book to a friend who smoked more (and for longer) than I had, (he didn't believe it would work for him either!) but after listening to it only once he is now a non-smoker too!! I have tried other methods of quitting (patches, inhalators, gum, willpower) and have always found myself on-edge and desperate to smoke- basically it was a struggle- and as a result, I have always failed. This method was so simple, even the breathing exercises (which you have to do every hour for 3 days after listening to the CD) were easy as I found that I did them automatically every hour without even thinking about it!
Yes- I did get "cravings" (these are actually only associations, but you will find out more about this when you buy the book!), but they were really nothing more than a niggle. I found that I was calm (even in social situation and in the presence of smokers) from day one and have now not had (or wanted) so much a puff on a cigarette for 6 weeks...unbelievable!
You may be worried about the hypnosis aspect of the treatment, I, like many others I'm sure, had never been (and was sure I couldn't be) hypnotized, but the whole process is explained well and you are made to feel at ease- you never feel as though you are out of control and you are not made to do anything "silly" you just lie back, relax and listen. Susan likens the experience to when you are just about to fall asleep- totally relaxed, but still able to hear and feel things around you- its very nice actually.
Basically this book is a miracle and even if it were £80 instead of £8 it would have paid for itself by now!!
If you want to give up smoking- give it a go- even if you are sure it won't work for you. You have absolutely nothing to lose!

5.0 out of 5 stars From a sceptic to a non smoker, 5 Jan 2007
I had tried every method of stopping each only lasting a week before giving in to the horrible habit.

Then I read about this book so I thought for the price I would give it a go. I read it and played the cd the next day although I picked the wrong time to listen as my kids came home. Two days later when the cravings were getting bad I listened again and the cravings werent as bad as before. A month later I realised I had stopped without hardly any nicotine replacement( I had patches before) a few tabs of gum and that was it. Unfortunaltely it didnt stop the weight gain as I was so hungry but maybe that was just my excuse to eat.

Anyway its now10 months later and still a non smoker. I would be lying if I said I didnt think about them now and then but usually smelling a smoker is enough to put me off starting agin and I cant wait for the no smoking in public places to take affect it will make life even better

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Think It Can Work? Read This., 14 Feb 2004
By A Customer
Do you know you are killing yourself in 20 or more small installments a day?
Do you know how much your family wish you would stop before you lose a lung?
Do you know you stink?
Do you know how much it costs you to smell like an ashtray?
Do you know how bad it really is for you?
Do you cringe when you see the adverts on telly, and thank god that you aren't as bad as that?
Do you know all the above, but you still can't stop smoking, no matter how much you try?
OK - I am a sailor, having served in the RN for 20 years. I have smoked since the age of 12, spent the last 20 years on cheap "RN" cigarettes, including special "blue liners" that only we could get, that consisted off sweepings from cigarette factory floors. I know that smoking has been bad for me, for all the above reasons. I am not stupid (I have a BA Hons), I know that logically, smoking is a bad choice, and I can rationalise the exact reasons why I should not smoke. Yet I could do all that, and then go for a cigarette! I work in a smoky culture, in a smoky environment, which is only just changing, and I stopped in one day. I thought this book was going to be the usual "cor, read this and you'll never smoke again" that sometimes goes around warships, but you have a cigarette while you read it.... I have stopped before, but only for a few months at a time, and always investing in patches, gum, lozenges, etc. Even those pretend plastic cigarettes.... I always wanted to give up, but I gave in at the first hurdle, and never understood why. I smoked during the week, and told my family that I had stopped when I saw them at weekends, trying to persuade them that I only smelt of cigarettes because of the people I worked with/the car I drove/the place I stopped. I only ever enjoyed about 2 percent of the cigarettes I smoked. I read the book, played the CD, and I seem to have forgotten that I want to smoke! I don't think about it, I don't need it. I originally used this with patches, but they gave me a bad reaction, and I stopped using them after 2 days. I don't eat more than I used to, my temper is no different, there are no withdrawal symptoms. I still play the CD (mainly because there are a couple of bits on it which make me laugh!), but I can be around people who smoke without wanting to join in. I am not the sort of person you would expect to admit that mindtricks like this work, but it does. It is a simple trick, using hypnotherapy techniques, and word/action association, but it works. And if I'd realised all those years ago, I'd never have started. Buy this book. Simple as that. There is no reason not to buy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A week later I havent smoked...however its no miracle cure, 5 July 2005
Brad (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
As with most smokers/ex-smokers ive tried to quit many times, and in fact after reading Alan Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking I did stop for 18 months...and then stupidly allowed myself to slip back into it. That was a year ago. I recently re-read the book and it just doesnt work second time around - because I knew what was coming I started formulating arguements in my head, and my non-smoking lasted just over 24 hours. Then I came across this book and although ive been dubious about hypnotherapy before, I decided that at £6.99 it was worth a shot. That was just over a week ago, and I havent smoked.
However.
The book makes several claims about the process that just have not been true to my experience - that willpower isnt necessary to succeed, and that cravings and irritability will be non-existant - for me this just has not been accurate, it'd easier now, but the first 4-5 days were very hard. Im delighted to be over that initial period where you cannot seem to be able to think about anything else, and for the price I would definately recommend this to anyone that wants to quit - but dont expect miracles. You have to put some work in yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED: Highly Recommended, 7 Dec 2006
So here I am almost 1 year on from my initial review of this book, and 1 week away from 15 months of no smoking after buying this book.

I can honestly say that I haven't felt the slightest bit tempted to light up, but can still happily be around company who smoke, i) without it bothering me and ii) feeling no need to take that holier-than-holy non-smoker ground. To be honest, it's as though I never actually smoked. Like a great night out on the beers, I can't REALLY remember anything specific about it (the whole smoking thing that is!). As for where my book is now? I have no idea. It's been passed from friend to friend - I have no desperate need to get it back, as I honestly don't think I'd ever need it again.

OK, it won't work for everyone. But since I estimate that £10 on this book has saved me approximately £2.5k (20 a day habit), it really is worth a go. Good luck to all those who try. Just remember - you have to WANT to give up smoking for this to have any chance of working. If this review helps just one person, I'd urge you to write a further review to reinforce the usefulness of this book. The NHS should recommend this.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 7 December 2006
I bought this book 4 months ago and have not had a single cigarette in that time. The premise is quite simple - as the book says you don't need to have the willpower to give up (otherwise you wouldn't actually need the book), but you do have to WANT to give up.

As the book was the price of 2 packets of 20 cigarettes, it seemed worth a go, although I wasn't convinced it would work. After reading the first part of the book (which you do before listening to the CD), I still had that skeptical feeling of "hypnotism won't work on me". However... dismiss any stereotypical thoughts of what being hypnotised feels/doesn't feel like. You don't go into a trance, and you're not oblivious to the world around you - this is explained very well in the book.

I listened to the CD in the evening and the following day, had just stopped smoking. I thought about going for my 'regular' cigarettes (ie, with a cuppa after getting to work), but for some reason, decided not to. The associations between an event and a cigarette such as this soon become forgotten.

I did find myself thinking about smoking for a few weeks, but more in a "why/how has this thing worked?" way rather than actually wanting to have a cigarette. Like others who have reviewed the book, I barely even think about smoking now. I can be out with friends who smoke and watch them light up quite happily without wanting one. Bizarrely I don't think of myself as someone who has stopped smoking, rather as someone who never actually smoked. I know this is not the case, however I have no real recollection of what is was like to smoke...

All in all, probably one of the best £10 spends I've ever made. And based on the fact that I was smoking around 20 a day, over the last 4 months that's about £600 not spent on cigarettes. If you're even thinking about stopping, give this book a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've now stopped smoking for six months, thank you., 14 Nov 2001
By A Customer
I'm the reviewer from Oxfordshire who wrote a while ago to say that, having read the book and heard the CD I'd not smoked for eight weeks. This is to report that it is now over six months since I smoked and I'll never smoke again. Susan Hepburn's system works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Returning Reviewer...., 4 Nov 2004
OK - I am the author of the review below - "A Reader" - Feb 04. This is to prove that this book is not the waste of money that some would have you believe. I am still a non-smoker. I have not had one urge, not one twinge. I don't like cigarette smoke, and I actively avoid it. I can't tell you how much better it is not to stink, not to have my clothes stink, and not to waste money or stick it in the governments coffers. I still work in smokey environments, and I have lent this book to almost 50 other people, military and non-military, and there is an 80% plus success rate. These people have all tried Allen Carr, and every other trick, and nothing has worked - until now. Almost without exception, this CD has been played once, and they have stopped smoking. If you want to stop (and you must want to stop), then this is the only book you need to get. Click on "Buy Now", then checkout. If I could find a wholesale supply of this book, I would be selling it, that's how much confidence I have in the ability of this book to STOP YOU FROM SMOKING!

Usually dispatched within 11 to 14 days