4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Wheat, Egg and Milk Free Cooking (Recipes for Health)
Published on 3 Aug 2004 by J. Bannister

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappoinment!
Published on 7 Feb 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappoinment!, 7 Feb 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Easy Wheat, Egg and Milk Free Cooking (Recipes for Health) (Paperback)
I have been allergic to wheat and diary products for over 3 years now. I've always struggled to find cookery books in shops so I spend a lot of time adapting normal recipes. Imagine my delight when I searched the internet and came over a 5-star rating on a wheat and milk free cook book. I promptly ordered and recieved it. But what a disappointment. I find recipes such as Fruit Salad insulting to readers. A lot of these recipes were common-sense adaptaions of normal recipes that would not require a book at all. If you really want interesting wheat and milk free cook book try Antoinette Saville's book (that even has pictures too!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas but terrible proof reading!, 26 Jan 2006
There are some lovely recipies in this book but there are also some glaring errors. I settled down to make the Date & Ginger Cake - weighed out my ingredients and then read through the method... only to find mention of ground almonds being introduced when there is no mention of them in the ingredients. I spend of my time searching the internet for alternative recipies and then ammending the book. Not worth the hassel - Antoinette Saville is so much better!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Wheat, Egg and Milk Free Cooking (Recipes for Health), 3 Aug 2004
I thought this book was excellent, at last some easy recipes I can cook quickly with ingredients that are easily available. I have Antoinette Savilles book and find the recipes fussy, not really for every day use for a busy Mother of 5 like myself. I have a catering qualification but did not find this book an insult at all, it is a good all rounder. It is the only wheat free book that has mentioned things like getting pectin from apple skins to stop bread crumbling. Buy it now!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fantastic book - a real godsend!, 8 Jun 2001
The recipes in this book are really great. I have found that I can now eat really healthy and delicious meals, avoiding everything I am allergic to. The beauty of these recipes is that they don't involve huge lists of ingredients and are really simple to cook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mistry, 19 Dec 2013
This book although some recipes were basic gave me ideas. All recipes are easy good value for money really. 4/5

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas for a difficult diet, 6 Nov 2013
This is a book published 1984 then revised in 2001, and is full of practical advice. Not all of it is suitable for coeliacs, but then, it doesn't claim to be. The recipe for pastry for sweet tarts is easy and tasty. The menu suggestions are helpful. I know that I will dip into this for ideas over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars replacements I wanted, 14 Jun 2013
I lost the first book. Some recipes not repeated. I am happy with the book otherwise. I had an earlier edition

5.0 out of 5 stars easy peasy, 22 May 2012
Some nice recipes very easy to follow
quick delivery
would reccomend to anyone who is still learning about wheat egg and milk free cooking

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy wheat, egg and milk free cooking, 29 Mar 2006
cori "corijk" (stamford, lincs uk) - See all my reviews
The recipes look great, also there is some advice at the beginning, however I would like to have seen more pictures, it always helps in cookery.

Easy Wheat, Egg and Milk Free Cooking (Recipes for Health)
Easy Wheat, Egg and Milk Free Cooking (Recipes for Health) by Rita Greer (Paperback - 9 Sep 2011)