Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 February 2002
I read this book after I watched the 10th Kingdom on the television. It is one of the best books i have read. I am a big fan of fantasy books and i would recommend it to anyone aged 11 plus. It is one of those books that you just cant put down. It is so action packed with loads of things.
It is just wow! Fantastic!
I dont see how anyone could ever rate it less than 5 stars!
Read it! trust me you will love it!
There isn't one boring page in the whole book!
on 3 September 2000
Having seen the series on TV, I was excited by the thought of being able to read between the lines of the screenplay; I especially wanted to know the Queen's true feelings at the end. My questions were answered in the book. I found the book well written and couldn't put it down once I'd started reading! Although it is fair to say the book is very similar to the TV series, I enjoyed reading it immensely and will probably read it again soon!...
on 4 May 2000
After seeing The 10th Kingdom on TV I could not wait to read the book. It did not disappoint. Although I did not find it quite as in-depth as the TV series and some of the content had changed (such as the song Virginia sings in the shepherdess contest) it was still a wonderful read. This could could be read by adults and children alike and gives you the opportunity to escape into a magical world of fairies and talking dogs!
on 4 January 2002
this book is probably the best book i have ever read, i found it very enjoyable. Virginia and her father Tony star their jouney in Ney yrk city to the the Snow White memorial prison. this book may be confusing for the first few minutes as it hops person to person. but this gives an effect of more points of veiw. the language is very understandable. you can trust me on this, i was 12 when i read this and i understood every word!
i strongly recomend this book to whoever is a great book lover or anyone who just wants to curl up with a brilliant book.
on 29 April 2000
I did not think that this type of book appealed to me, but after watching the film and then reading the book, I definately found out what I was missing! It is full of humour, heartache, joy and love. An excellent read! 10/10
on 29 April 2000
From the beginning of the book which opens in New York it held a promise which it did not fail to deliver. The main characters Virginia, Tony, Wolf and Wendel were all wonderful. Throughout the book they changed with their circumstances and adapted to all the situations that they were placed in. Without giving the plot away, but bearing in mind that it has also been televised by now, the queen was deliciously evil and the good guys were wonderfully complex and had you rooting for them throughout the whole book, I really wanted a happy ever after ending. By all means watch the mini series but also read the book for extra insight into the wonderful story. A sequel PLEASE!
on 3 October 2008
I found this book in the school library and picked it up checked it out without even knowing what it was called. I got to french class and took it out to start reading - cough cough, I was allowed... :P - it was fantastic and I was annoyed when I was told to stop reading.

Anyway once I got home I couldn't put it down much to the amusement of my family as I started trying to do my chores one handed with this book in my hand.

I would definately recommend this to anyone who enjoys fantastic fantasy novels =)

Nicolle.x
on 2 June 2013
I was a little undecided about whether to get this or not. The reviews were pretty mixed! I went ahead and got it anyway, and I'm glad that I did!

On the plus side, the story is great - if you loved the show you can revisit it, and some of the scenes are ever so slightly different, if you haven't seen the show, then this story will be excellently paced and fun to read. The characters are really deep, and while sometimes they can be a little different to the show, they are pretty much the same and even deeper - as the book can explore inner thoughts and feelings.

However, more negatively - if you HAVE watched the series, then this will add relatively nothing to the overall story. Most of the dialogue is EXACTLY the same.

But that makes it a very easy read, and I'm currently reading this before bed every night and loving it. Get this if you're a true fan of the show, or haven't seen it yet. But if you weren't that bothered about the series, you won't like the exact replica of it in written form.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2001
After watching the series on tv I had to get this book - as long as you are up to date on your fairy stories (snow white, cinderella and company) you will love this book!!
The adventures of the four that saved the nine kingdoms is unputdownable and I would (and do) recommend this book to everyone
on 11 October 2004
This book is excellent! I've read it so many times that I have lost count! If you are a fan of fairy tales you will love this book. It's better than the movie in a way because you get to read the characters thoughts and understand what they are feeling. The story line is very good and it has a meaningful twist at the end.
This book will keep you at the edge of your seat and when you finish reading it, it will leave you wanting more.
Just when you thought that 'Happyily Ever After' would last forever...