5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
I read this book after I watched the 10th Kingdom on the television. It is one of the best books i have read. I am a big fan of fantasy books and i would recommend it to anyone aged 11 plus. It is one of those books that you just cant put down. It is so action packed with loads of things.
It is just wow! Fantastic!
I dont see how anyone could ever rate it less...
Published on 9 Feb 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Commentary
I don't agree that the book was in VERY GOOD condition, but I want to read the book therefore I have decided to keep it.
Published 10 months ago by Anne Bøje

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 Feb 2002
This review is from: The Tenth Kingdom: Do You Believe in Magic? (Paperback)
It is just wow! Fantastic!
I dont see how anyone could ever rate it less than 5 stars!
Read it! trust me you will love it!
There isn't one boring page in the whole book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 3 Sep 2000
This review is from: The Tenth Kingdom: Do You Believe in Magic? (Paperback)
Having seen the series on TV, I was excited by the thought of being able to read between the lines of the screenplay; I especially wanted to know the Queen's true feelings at the end. My questions were answered in the book. I found the book well written and couldn't put it down once I'd started reading! Although it is fair to say the book is very similar to the TV series, I enjoyed reading it immensely and will probably read it again soon!...

4.0 out of 5 stars A chance to escape into a world of magic., 4 May 2000
By A Customer
After seeing The 10th Kingdom on TV I could not wait to read the book. It did not disappoint. Although I did not find it quite as in-depth as the TV series and some of the content had changed (such as the song Virginia sings in the shepherdess contest) it was still a wonderful read. This could could be read by adults and children alike and gives you the opportunity to escape into a magical world of fairies and talking dogs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 April 2000
By A Customer
I did not think that this type of book appealed to me, but after watching the film and then reading the book, I definately found out what I was missing! It is full of humour, heartache, joy and love. An excellent read! 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, 4 Jan 2002
This review is from: The Tenth Kingdom: Do You Believe in Magic? (Paperback)
this book is probably the best book i have ever read, i found it very enjoyable. Virginia and her father Tony star their jouney in Ney yrk city to the the Snow White memorial prison. this book may be confusing for the first few minutes as it hops person to person. but this gives an effect of more points of veiw. the language is very understandable. you can trust me on this, i was 12 when i read this and i understood every word!
i strongly recomend this book to whoever is a great book lover or anyone who just wants to curl up with a brilliant book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A magical mix of adventure, intrigue, romance and action, 29 April 2000
By A Customer
From the beginning of the book which opens in New York it held a promise which it did not fail to deliver. The main characters Virginia, Tony, Wolf and Wendel were all wonderful. Throughout the book they changed with their circumstances and adapted to all the situations that they were placed in. Without giving the plot away, but bearing in mind that it has also been televised by now, the queen was deliciously evil and the good guys were wonderfully complex and had you rooting for them throughout the whole book, I really wanted a happy ever after ending. By all means watch the mini series but also read the book for extra insight into the wonderful story. A sequel PLEASE!

5.0 out of 5 stars W.O.W, 3 Oct 2008
This review is from: The Tenth Kingdom: Do You Believe in Magic? (Paperback)
I found this book in the school library and picked it up checked it out without even knowing what it was called. I got to french class and took it out to start reading - cough cough, I was allowed... :P - it was fantastic and I was annoyed when I was told to stop reading.

Anyway once I got home I couldn't put it down much to the amusement of my family as I started trying to do my chores one handed with this book in my hand.

I would definately recommend this to anyone who enjoys fantastic fantasy novels =)

Nicolle.x

5.0 out of 5 stars A fairy story for adults, 9 Jun 2001
This review is from: The Tenth Kingdom: Do You Believe in Magic? (Paperback)
After watching the series on tv I had to get this book - as long as you are up to date on your fairy stories (snow white, cinderella and company) you will love this book!!
The adventures of the four that saved the nine kingdoms is unputdownable and I would (and do) recommend this book to everyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Follows the TV series pretty faithfully, 16 Feb 2014
Koivula Tommi (Jyväskylä, Länsi-Suomi Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tenth Kingdom: Do You Believe in Magic? (Paperback)
This book is like the TV series script written down. It has all the most enjoyable moments and dialogues but because it's just one book, it can't dwell that long in each event. The view point is more tightly on Viriginia and we miss a lot of crazy fun Wolf shenanigans. But I really enjoyed the read and re-living the great TV series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Commentary, 13 Sep 2013

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Tenth Kingdom: Do You Believe in Magic?
The Tenth Kingdom: Do You Believe in Magic? by Kathryn Wesley (Paperback - 4 July 2011)