on 2 April 2002
If you're serious about carving out a new life for yourself, then this is the book for you. My life has completely changed since I worked through this. Getting yourself in order is the first step if you want things to change. Carole takes you through these steps. She asks you to name a reward for yourself when you have completed each of the steps. When I bought myself my first reward - I felt brilliant! Some steps were harder than others, but that only meant the feeling of satisfaction for having achieved them was all the greater. It's taken me a while to get through the book - life sort of got in the way, it was changing so fast - but now my life is a million miles away from where I started. I'm still in the same place, but I took hold of the challenge to make things happen for me, and they just took off. Get this - it's a shot in the arm for sluggish lifestyles!
on 20 December 2000
Transform Your Life - Carole Gaskell
This is one of the most comprehensive and powerful tools for personal transformation that I have ever read. In a thoroughly motivational yet supportive way, Carole Gaskell guides us through the processes that will empower us as individuals to become the person that we want and deserve to be. The book is wonderfully balanced, providing well-established and successful Life Coaching models that enable us to clarify our lives and then powerful tools for setting and achieving new goals - whatever they might be! In short, there is something for everyone in this book to design, create and have the life that they want.
This book is a wonderful, inspirational and empowering read. As the reader of many works in this genre, I highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about having the life they want.
on 9 December 2000
Carole is "in your face, in your sitting room". This book asks tough questions. Read it fast or slowly but you cant ignore its message that we can probably all make of ourselves more than we have done so far. Especially good for us creative types who like to go with the flow but never complete that master work! Here is the discipline we need, but interlaced with food for the soul in the form of words of wisdom to motivate and inspire. The morning the book arrived in the post, my neighbour came in for coffee and nearly ran off with it! The quizzes are great fun! They helped me remove the topsoil so I could begin delving deeper for the secret treasure of my real potential. It really does produce REAL RESULTS!
on 4 December 2000
I read this book at a crossroads in my own personal and professional development. Mad busy, a profitable business, thriving family (that I did not see much of), lots of material "goodies", great lifestyle - but a deep-rooted feeling that "there must be more to life than this."
Having tried many books and courses, this was the one that made the difference. Carole does not set herself up as some sort of guru - she comes across as approachable and realistic.
The exercises in the book are simple to complete and even "busy me" managed to fit them into my schedule. Most importantly - opening myself to the coaching in the book amazed me - things really did begin to change. It was helpful to read the real-life stories at the end of each section - made me realise I was not alone.
Slowly at first, then with gathering pace, I was able to re-balance my time between work, rest and play - without losing the financial success needed to support my lifestyle. I now have more time for me - for my family and friends - for the people I employ and for my customers.
If you read one self-development book in 2001 - make sure it's this one - you must be willing to take the exercises to get the most benefit.
on 9 December 2000
The ideas in this book and the simple exercises the author encourages really helped me to feel like I was back in control of my life again. Having followed the 10 steps the book advocates I feel like I've got a clear sense of where I'm going, of what's important and of how I want to live. I'm working more effectively, I'm taking better care of myself, and my relationships with people around me have improved dramatically. If I can only get my boyfriend to read the book too the sky will be the limit!
on 9 December 2000
We need useful tools to help with tasks. A complex task needs a powerful tool. Are there many tasks more complex than trying to understand what to want from life, for yourself and for others around you? In finding this book I have found a friendly and fun tool that really has helped look at some tough questions. I love how it helps create order to the questioning process, but most importantly I appreciate the power of insights that it has thrown up. I now wake daily with an excitement to progress with the next action or review. To be a little gushy, since I started reading it, I feel like I've got a huge smile building from really deep within and it's slowly starting to ripple outwards. I like feeling this way. I recommend trying it
on 23 August 2013
My friend has bought this book as a birthday present for me and I started reading it. It is a great book with really simple excercises to do in order to get your life back. I have started doing them, but realised, that I also needed someone I could talk to about my goals and the way, that I needed to go, in order to achieve them. That is why I registered with the online coaching directory your24hlivecoaching.com. Esther a life coach has helped me tremendously in achieving my goals. But without the book, I would not have gotten that "little push" I sometimes need in order to start.
on 2 April 2016
Good book would recommend.