on 9 February 2015
Just about to buy my third copy of this book. Undoubtedly Blyton's best book but very little known. I filched my sister's edition when I was eight and became so engrossed in it my sister wanted to know what I was reading. She then started reading it herself and the fights that ensued as we both tried to carry on reading were unbelievable. In the end Mum had to come in as referee and ration us to our daily fix in turn. I have read it to countless classes over the years from Y3 to Y5 and it has been a brilliant method of getting kids to work - 'just another ten minutes at your Geography and then we'll have THE story!!' It is incredibly exciting and I have seen the most disruptive kids calmed with a dose of this story! Can't find my edition and need it for Friday.....!!
on 26 November 2013
Bought it for my grand daughter. It brought back strong memories of WW!! My father reading it to us in the blitz in our Anderson shelter. A thrilling storey for children, however typical Enid Blyton
on 4 July 2015
Have lived this book always - good service thanks
on 26 April 2013
Enid Blyton's wonderful Famous Five and Secret Seven series are ever popular and always in print. The Faraway Tree books (4, if you include "Up The Faraway Tree") are year in year out in the Top Ten Children's Story Books Of All Time, voted by the public. Her books catch the imagination of children of all ages. She once replied knowingly to criticism "I know what children want".

The undeservedly less well known "The Treasure Hunters" (single volume) is a good proof that Enid Blyton knows what children want. It is her best book, reaching new heights of excitement even for this prodigious author, and reading it will make you feel that "it's good to be alive".

2 brothers and their sister / happy and resourceful / and Rags the terrier / holiday at their grandparents Manor house / Manor soon having to be sold, hard times for the grandparents / great kids, they play and explore the Manor's grounds / landscapes, woods, farm, hills, stream / find hidden overgrown summerhouse in woods beside pond / make it idyllic / find box in chimney / cryptic treasure map / long lost Greylings treasure / follow clues / bad guys, would be purchasers of Manor / they would take advantage of grandparents / they know kids onto something /good grandparents and the bad guys confound kids efforts / night adventures / lift flagstone, into the hill / breathless / dog helps / out of their depth / ..then / ..pigsty / ..oh! oh! oh! / !!!

Enid's pacy economical writing is even pacier and every other page plunges the characters into further excitement. This edition (the one pictured) is superbly illustrated and it has dated very well. It's a life affirming book that will appeal to all but the most jaded.

(There is a good synopsis on theenidblytonsociety.co.uk. website).
on 12 December 2015
Bought this for my daughter, really enjoyed it.
on 15 February 2015
Very pleased with this book