on 20 February 2001
Bill brings home a strange little boy one evening and announces that he is to spend the hollidays with the family. They all leave for Little Brockleton, where they are to spend several quiet weeks in the country. However, things go wrong after Philip, Lucy-Anne, Dinah and the mystery guest "Gussy" are kidnapped and taken to a far-away country. Jack and Kiki manage to climb aboard both the car and plane taking the others away and find themselves in Tauri-Hessia, a land where no-one speaks English and they are often mistaken as a performing duo! They join the travelling circus where Jack befriends Pedro, a Spanish boy who helps him to plan a daring and dangerous rescue of the others. Kiki provides some good laughs throughout the book and proves to be an invaluable member of the rescue party when the plan is finally put into action.
on 1 January 2016
THE ADVENTURE SERIES

THEY ARE THE BEST FOR A FIRST READ!

Enid’s ‘Adventure’ books featuring Jack, Philip, Dinah, Lucy-Ann and Kiki the parrot were the catalyst which encouraged me to start reading more than 50 years ago.

Thank you, Enid. The BBC, many public libraries, local authorities and alleged educational experts have been completely wrong about the worth of the Blyton works. I can remember having substantial difficulty obtaining the original books from the shops. In fact, quite a few shops would not stock them but they were wonderful stories for teenagers! The tales are great to read for their simplicity and straightforwardness.

When one did find copies of the book they were quite expensive all those years ago but great to own. I loved the letter on the back cover from Enid in some editions and the physical appearance of the books as well which I treasured as a youngster with the way in which the books were produced then making them somehow much easier to read.

It’s a delight to read these adventure stories again in middle age although recent editing has diminished some of the memories I have of the original editions and words used then (but I am now getting old).

Never mind… these books remain one of my best friends for life: they began my own reading adventure so do read these special adventures for yourselves.
on 12 November 2015
THE ADVENTURE SERIES

THEY ARE THE BEST FOR A FIRST READ!

Enid’s ‘Adventure’ books (Jack, Philip, Dinah, Lucy-Ann and Kiki) were the catalyst which encouraged me to start reading more than 50 years ago. Thank you, Enid. The BBC, many libraries, local authorities and alleged educational experts have been completely wrong about the worth of the Blyton works. I can remember having substantial difficulty obtaining the original books. Quite a few shops would not stock them but they were wonderful stories for teenagers! The tales are great to read for their simplicity and straightforwardness.

on 11 February 2013
My granddaughter loves all these adventure series, I would thoroughly recommend them. Children can use their own imagination - much better than watching DVD's. I enjoy them myself too!
on 21 January 2012
prompt delivery of book in excellent condition and well packaged. This series of books is great for any child who likes adventure stories and has been an absolute winner with mine.
on 9 May 2013
Brilliant story writing yet again from the talented Enid Blyton! Enjoyed this gripping adventure from start to finish. Young and old will enjoy as the story unfolds
on 15 December 2014
Grandson loved it-he is 7 year old Enid Blyton fan!Lovely to be able to find older titles in such great condition thank you!
A++++++++
on 18 July 2014
Enid Blyton never fails to appeal to readers. Read this series as a child back in the 70s and was not sure how my 11 year old daughter would accept it as she usually reads more 'modern' style books. She loves them and is working her way through the series. She is a good reader and loves them.
on 11 March 2016
good story for my little lad to read
on 11 July 2014