on 4 February 2014
I read this book as a child and wanted to re-acquaint myself with it. This is a good book for children, easy to read and has a moral to it in that pride comes before a fall and that self praise is no recommendation. Children who are into skating will like this book.
on 16 February 2014
I remember reading this book as a child and loving it. Watching the figure skating at the Winter Olympics reminded of this book so I re-read it and loved it just as much as the first time. It's the kind of timeless story that means it's a great read no matter how old you are.
on 3 January 2014
A really great book
I loved it right up until the last ten pages.
Really i wanted to know more about how Harriet's skating went. Did she pass her inter silver. Is she going on to do her gold. I want to know more. But other than than that it was great.
on 3 September 2013
As a pre teen and teenager this book was one of my favourites. Even to this day I am a huge fan of Noel Stratfeild books and try to order as many as I can from my local book store.
This book is amazingly written and children will adore it.
Loved the extra that came in this edition which was telling you the names of all the main figure skating moves and describing them as well as a little history on skating.
Fantastic product, buy this if you have a girl.
I recently gave this to an 11 year old girl who adored the book.
She said if you like dork diaries you will soon get into this book and love it so much you will want to read it over and over.
on 23 April 2012
this book was a present for my grandaughter. it was in perfect condition arrived quick and the look on my Angel's face when she seen the book was priceless. Shes loving the book :) i'm very pleased with the order of the book thank you.White Boots
on 3 December 2013
I loved this as a child. Coming back to it, many years later, it's charm and simplicity are still there. Another time now, but it brings back memories of life last century.
on 2 September 2013
I can read this with pleasure as an adult and Jacqueline Wilson fans can happily identify with Harriet's friendship with the richer but lonely child skater.
on 15 May 2016
I used to love this book as a kid and was so pleased to find it available for Kindle, having recently taken up ice skating as an adult. The story was just as good as I remembered.
on 12 August 2011
I read this book as a child and it was due to this book that I started Ice Skating which changed my life and gave me a life long passion x
on 20 February 2012
This has been bought as a birthday present. As a child I loved this book and hope that my friends granddaughter will love it as much.