5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful books, 27 Sep 2010
This review is from: Josie Smith (Young Lions) (Paperback)
I wish wish wish these were still in print as I would love to be putting them in my book fairs at school. They are a delightful mix of sophisticated humour and warm reassurance with an iron grip on reality ( particularly the way little girls behave within friendships) They are a forerunner to Clarice Bean in some ways. I regret the fact that publishers are now so obsessed with jumping on the latest bandwagon ( and I have worked in children's books for thirty years and am married to a publisher!) that they neglect gems like these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Josie Smith books are great!, 24 Nov 2010
This review is from: Josie Smith (Young Lions) (Paperback)
I read and reread all the Josie Smith books to our three daughters in the 1980s and 1990s. They loved them, I loved them. They were so true to life in what I imagined was the 60s in a North of England town. I particularly loved the combination of appeal to adults and adult perception and true understanding of little girls and how they tick which doesn't really change over time.
Josie Smith at Christmas was read every Christmas eve in our house until the girls were totaly grown up. Bring them back in print, please!

4.0 out of 5 stars I recommend the whole Josie Smith series., 18 Aug 2006
V. Clark (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Josie Smith (Young Lions) (Paperback)
The whole Josie Smith series is an ideal next step for little girls who have already enjoyed My Naughty Little Sister and/or Milly Molly Mandy and are looking for something similar but a bit more grown up. The stories are quite a bit longer and aimed at slightly older children (5-8?). They are funny, with a lot of the humour coming from the dreadfully spoilt Eileen who lives next door. As far as we can work out, the stories are set in a small town in the north of England in the 1970s/80s. My daughter (5) loves to hear these stories read out loud and her 8 year old sister enjoys listening in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Josie Smith (Young Lions) (Paperback)
My grand daughter loved it.

Josie Smith (Young Lions)
Josie Smith (Young Lions) by Magdalen Nabb (Paperback - 4 Oct 1999)
Used & New from: £0.01