5.0 out of 5 stars My childhood stood still...., 28 Aug 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Stream That Stood Still (Lions) (Paperback)
I have been reading for very many years. I love reading. I love books. In fact, I work in a library. When asked what my favourite book is, my mind begins to try to sift through some of the more memorable books of my life. Ironically, the book I love the most is not one I read, but one that was read to me. I was at primary school, no more than 8 years old. Everyday we had storytime. As I remember it, my life pretty much existed for story time. 'The Stream that Stood Still' came to shape my life. It is the first memory I have of actually beginning to 'live inside a story'. When I come to think about it, I remember this story as having had a kind of sadness to it. I wanted to read it again...to re-live a childhood long since gone by. Perhaps the sadness I felt was more to do with the knowldege that the story would come to an end. It was that sort of book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review?, 13 May 2013
This review is from: The Stream That Stood Still (Lions) (Paperback)
I rate this as I remember it as a 13 year old. Fascinating, along with The Tree that Sat Down. I ordered this but when the company looked at the book it was missing pages and not suitable for sale. They returned my money, so I am still waiting to re-read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, 11 Aug 2014
Great book

The Stream That Stood Still (Lions)
The Stream That Stood Still (Lions) by Beverley Nichols (Paperback - July 1975)
Used & New from: £0.01