Format: Paperback|Change

This is another lovely picture book featuring Paddington. Jonathan and Judy decide to take Paddington on an outing to the zoo and to sustain him during the day, Paddington makes six marmalade sandwiches. At first, the gatekeeper almost doesn’t let them in – suggesting to the children’s horror that Paddington is “a pet!” With that misunderstanding sorted out, the children and Paddington set off to look at the animals – but they are more interested in Paddington’s store of sandwiches than anything else. There is a lot of humour here, as Paddington gradually loses his sandwiches, and his sense of humour, throughout the day. Like the other Paddington picture books, these have more text than most picture books and are ideal to read aloud to slightly older children – approx 3-5. The illustrations are also really nice and this is a great bedtime story to share with your little one.
on 7 June 2011
My 4 year old daughter loves Paddington as much as I did as a child. In this story Paddington's marmalade sandwiches get eaten by the animals in the zoo.
We have the 'proper' Paddington book. And we've seen the old TV series so my son really wanted to read Paddington, so at age 3, this series is perfect for him.

The stories, illustration style and author are all right, but it's judged at a toddler level.

In this 'chapter' of a book, Paddington has settled into London and is going out to the zoo with Judy and Jonathan.

Unfortunately his marmalade sandwiches prove very popular with the zoo's residents...

A lovely little tale, short for bedtime and a bear that can't help but be adored by children. My son was most affronted at the thieves stealing all his sandwiches.

I'll be looking for other Paddington picture books shortly.
on 17 September 2013
I bought this for my daughter, however when I read it I really didn't like the story, the characters seemed to complain a lot and seemed really stern. It's put me off purchasing more paddington books!
on 30 January 2013
I will always give any Paddington Bear book 5 stars. They are all lovely stories and good for little ones. Nothing scary or aggressive, just nice good old fashioned cuteness.
on 27 March 2015
My Grandson was delighted with his present, it has been watched many times, especially when he wasn't feeling well and we has a snuggle afternoon on the couch.
on 15 March 2015
My grandchildren are aged 3 and 5. Read this story at bedtime, my grandson didn't like it and won't listen to it again even though it is quite a short story.
on 29 May 2015
A lovely Paddington Bear book with great illustrations. A paperback, which children find easy to hold and handle.
on 5 May 2015
Have read it to both my grandsons, they loved it!
on 25 November 2015
excellent if you are a paddington fan