5.0 out of 5 stars This book's rhythmn reaches very young listeners.
'Duck in the Truck' is fun to read aloud and even the youngest of listeners is carried along with the rhythmn of the text.
It was the first book of any length that absorbed my one year old, while at the same time the humour appeals to my four year old.
The story is complete - it has a beginning, a middle and an end. The pictures have lots in them, both at...
Published on 27 Aug 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book, didn't download properly
My 3 year old and I both enjoy the story. It's engaging and funny, and about mud, which is always fun for a preschooler. Unfortunately, the pictures are all messed up and we cannot see the full 2-page spreads correctly. It's a shame, really, as we do like reading it and it's a bit annoying to not be able to see the full pictures.
Published 7 months ago by amy higham

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
I ordered the Fix It Duck book by the same author, and then I saw this book and thought I'd get this one too as my son loves the stories. It's a great book, lovely story and fantastic pictures, and it is a real pleasure to read, which is very important when I have to read several stories every night!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for young toddlers, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
Great story but much, much younger than 'Fix it Duck' - it is perfect for 2 years old but way too babyish for 3+.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
Just right for a 2 year old boy who likes books with bright and cklear illustrations and a fun, simple story.

5.0 out of 5 stars why all this hassle for a simple review?, 14 Dec 2011
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
apparently the child I bought it for "******* loved the book!" which I thought he would as evrey child I have seen with this book loves it, and it's written well too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book....., 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
My son adores this book with it's quirky rhyming text and colourful illustrations. Another excellent story by Jez Alborough we have all of his books. Lovely present for someone too.... highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny rhyming book, 29 Oct 2011
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
This is a lovely 'silly' rhyming book.
My two boys love this book!
My 3 and a half year old thinks it's funny and my 17month old likes to make the noises of the animals (mainly the duck!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Duck book, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
This book is a great read. Great rhymes to envolve the whole class or small group listening to the story.

Very happy with it's condition too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
I really enjoy this author and his style of writing and i also really enjoy the duck book collection. However this is my favorite in the collection of duck stories especially the twist at the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars one to read and reread, 17 May 2011
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
Both my kids have adored this book - and I do too, it's as pleasure to read, the rhymes scan so well, as they often don't in rhyming stories for some incomprehensible reason - but this slips off the tongue and stays fresh and funny. That's just as well, as you know you'll be reading it again and again and ... again. Absolutely worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love all the "Duck" books, and this one is great., 12 April 2011
Tony Woodhouse (Rugby - England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duck in the Truck (Paperback)
Witty, funny rhymes, engaging hilarious characters, beautifully illustrated, and always some morals to the story you can discuss with the children (although in this book "naughty" duck seems to come out on top). Great for children 2 to 5 years.

Duck in the Truck
Duck in the Truck by Jez Alborough (Paperback - 7 Aug 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01