on 10 May 2010
Simply the best bok we have ever read.
My little girl (2 years) goes bonkers for this.
Lots of great pictures to get involved with, animals to make noises with, a silly story & a fabulous ryhme.
I often get carried away with story & end up working my daughter up so she is bouncing round the bed & mummy tells us off!
A really good book, will be ordering the other Duck stories!

Get one now, its ACE!
on 17 May 2011
Both my kids have adored this book - and I do too, it's as pleasure to read, the rhymes scan so well, as they often don't in rhyming stories for some incomprehensible reason - but this slips off the tongue and stays fresh and funny. That's just as well, as you know you'll be reading it again and again and ... again. Absolutely worth buying.
on 27 December 2013
My 3 year old and I both enjoy the story. It's engaging and funny, and about mud, which is always fun for a preschooler. Unfortunately, the pictures are all messed up and we cannot see the full 2-page spreads correctly. It's a shame, really, as we do like reading it and it's a bit annoying to not be able to see the full pictures.
on 21 March 2003
What a fantastic book. My 2 year old is riveted to this book and the way it rhymes. It didnt take long before she knew all the words and joined in with the book. Sorry no skipping pages in this book, they notice!. She understands the pictures and what they are saying to her. It is such a good book that we bought the whole series and she loves them.
on 21 January 2013
I ordered the Fix It Duck book by the same author, and then I saw this book and thought I'd get this one too as my son loves the stories. It's a great book, lovely story and fantastic pictures, and it is a real pleasure to read, which is very important when I have to read several stories every night!!
on 18 April 2003
This was one of my sons first books when he was 4 months old, and he still loves it now he is almost 3. He loves the rhythm and will join in with the reading. He knows every word of it just like his dad and I! A lovely, funny and bright book spurring me on to order the others in the series.
on 28 May 2001
this is a perfect book for toddlers as the writing reads aloud beautifully. My daughter is captivated by the text and by the illustrations. I think the presence of so much muck make it very appealing to the 18mths-3 yr age group. I will definately buy more of this author after reading this book.
on 15 July 2014
Can't go wrong with Jez Alborough and childrens books. This was brought as apresent but read againa and again. I had a load of Jez Alborough for my own children when they were small and they loved tem - still remeber them now. I will be buying for my grandchildren as they grow up.
on 12 April 2011
Witty, funny rhymes, engaging hilarious characters, beautifully illustrated, and always some morals to the story you can discuss with the children (although in this book "naughty" duck seems to come out on top). Great for children 2 to 5 years.
on 9 November 2011
My son adores this book with it's quirky rhyming text and colourful illustrations. Another excellent story by Jez Alborough we have all of his books. Lovely present for someone too.... highly recommend