5.0 out of 5 stars Read it twice in a week.
Published on 13 Mar 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get into but worth persevering
Published on 1 Feb 2001 by Mrs. K. A. Wheatley

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it twice in a week., 13 Mar 2001
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
This is probably one of the funniest books I've read in the past year. If you've ever lived in student housing or flat-shared with a few people, you'll know exactly what he's talking about. Most of the scenes gave me flashbacks to my own demented home-share days, and the characters are more like caricatures in one way or another of somebody you know or have known. Had me laughing out loud on the train at 6 in the morning. Quite an achievement... I'll be ordering his other books pretty soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get into but worth persevering, 1 Feb 2001
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
I read his first book "He Died with a Felafel in his Hand" and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is very similar but has more structure than the motley assortment of stories in the previous book. Having said that I thought this book was less funny, although it does have its laugh out loud moments. I thought it was slow to start and I found trouble warming to the characters, but about half way through things picked up pace and I never looked back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flatshare from Hell, 14 July 2000
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
What a great, funny book, I couldn't read it on the tube as I was worried about the looks I was getting from my fellow passengers. Make sure you read this is company who will appreciate you rolling on the floor. It makes any flatshare seem bearable. Although run for your life if you find your vinal hotpants have gone missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I have read since 'felafel', 12 April 2000
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
Absolutely superb. I can't say anything bad about this book at all. Buy it, read it, love it, never flat share with anyone else ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome to Sharehousing in Brisbane, 3 Nov 2000
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
Tassie Babes is one of the few books I have read and read again. Two reasons - I laugh every time I read it and second - A good cure for home sickness......I lived not far from York street about the time John was writting this book and belive me this book contains alot of fact - its only about 50% fiction. Some of the characters John writes about are real people - Believe it or not! Absolutely hilarious book - fantastically written.

5.0 out of 5 stars you will love this book. I promise, 31 Mar 2000
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
this book is a hoot! I bought it last summer when i was travelling around new zealand and it was a terrific light hilarious read . If you have ever had a house situation of 4 or more , you WILL appriciate this book! just try to keep up with all the housemates. also, be prepared to do a lot of reading aloud as you bust up laughing and everyone wonders what in the sam hill you are laughing at.

5.0 out of 5 stars laughed my ass off, 10 Mar 2000
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
I read the updated version from England. It was absolutely hilarious, none of my house - sharing experiences were this bizarre. I would recommend this to anyone who likes sit - com, slacker, student, good guys struggling against authority and everyday life humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars I always thaught Australians were mad - now I know!, 5 Jan 2000
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
This must be one of the most hilarious books I have ever had the good fortune to read. It's light, fast and funny, very funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny. Flat-mate farce., 14 April 1999
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
I too bought this in Sydney last year. A very funny book about flatmates sharing a grotty house in Brisbane and tangles they get into because they do not conform to the norm. Perhaps not so radical but for some reason the phrase 'fear and loathing in Brisbane' comes to mind!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MOST HILARIOUS MEMOIR (?) I HAVE READ IN YEARS., 20 Nov 1998
This review is from: The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco (Paperback)
What can I say except that you should read this book if you love comedy and loathe house-sharing. I laughed till it hurt.

The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco
The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco by John Birmingham (Paperback - 5 Oct 1998)
Used & New from: 0.01