5.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly wonderful.
Published on 17 May 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Book
Couldn't get into it - gave it away after first chapter. Shame as I've LOVED other books by same author.
Published on 22 Jan 2010 by Heather M. Othick

5.0 out of 5 stars Astoundingly wonderful., 17 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Blood Sugar (Flamingo Original) (Paperback)
This was the second of Dunnn's novels I have read. As usual, I didn't fancy it from the outside, but what gold inside! I took this on holiday with me and was glued to each word, each line, each phrase. She brings to life the joys and disappointments of friendship and friends as we grow up. What a touch. I could not put it down. Simply beautiful. I laughed. I cried. I sobbed when it was over. She makes these people so incredibly real. I want to go live in their world.

5.0 out of 5 stars In my top 5 ever reads, 5 Oct 2005
This review is from: Blood Sugar (Flamingo Original) (Paperback)
I first bought this book while fed up in Stoke on Trent ten years ago and have bought it three times since as it is so fantastic, has been lent out and not returned, been read to death etc.. It is the story of a group of girls from sixth form to late twenties, each chapter is a year on from the last and is a coming of age classic. I love the bits with the central charachter's mum in and anyone who grew up in lower middle class suburbia will really relate to the story. There are numerous fantastic observations in it from subtle comments on fashions in the eighties to depressingly familiar descriptions of working in the wrong job and living for the weekends (not in a cheesy clubbing/ drug way just in an escape from work way) and being in love with the wrong person. I have read other books by this author but this one still stands out for me and everyone I have recommended it to has also loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly outstanding depiction of teenage life, 2 Feb 2010
Mabbers (Bratislava, Slovakia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Sugar (Flamingo Original) (Paperback)
I love this book and have read it and re-read it many times. It is so evocative of being a teenage girl in the late eighties and yet it somehow manages to be timeless. It perfectly captures the sense of self-importance that we all have as a teenager. Every single character is perfectly created but because we only see them through the eyes of our heroine the novel is full of surprises and interesting twists and changes. I cannot recommend this novel highly enough!

2.0 out of 5 stars Book, 22 Jan 2010
This review is from: Blood Sugar (Flamingo Original) (Paperback)

Blood Sugar (Flamingo Original)
Blood Sugar (Flamingo Original) by Suzannah Dunn (Paperback - 6 Nov 2009)