4.0 out of 5 stars Three wonderful women!!!
Published on 30 Jan 2002 by N. Stubbs

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled ..
Published on 11 April 2002 by susan.chandler@aon.co.uk

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled .., 11 April 2002
This review is from: Three Wise Men (Paperback)
This is a really annoying book. Martina Devlin has tried to write a 'clever' book by using one long word where two simple ones would be more believable from the character. (eg, Triumvirate instead of trio). The way Kate talks doesn't ring true. Perhaps the snappy word play would work better if it were in the form of a narrative. The characters never come to life, it's just pages and pages of dialogue. Their great friendship is hard to believe in. They are all so different from eachother and betray eachother over and over again, and yet they predicatably come back to eachother. Why? Despite being attractive, succesful, allegedly witty etc they don't seem to have made any other friends. I only finished this book because I am 32 like the characters, and from Dublin, where the book is set. I normally hold on to all my books with pride, but I knew that I would just throw this one in the bin the minute I finished it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where do I begin?....., 17 Sep 2003
This review is from: Three Wise Men (Paperback)
This book did move me in certain ways as I have shared the same experiences as Gloria (i.e death of a parent and IVF) and I cried her same tears. However, the saga around the three friends is not credible or true to real life. There is no way I could ask my friend for her husband's sperm! I couldn't forgive any of my friends if they had an affair with my husband. Whether this story mirrors real life, I really dont know I hope not! Some of the prose and words were a bit o.t.t. I did need my dictionary. Other than that not a bad read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Intensely irritating, 18 Oct 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Three Wise Men (Paperback)
The recommendation by Marian Keyes on the cover attracted me to this book. I won't fall for that again! The only thing this book had in common with a Marian Keyes book was its Dublin setting and the female characters. The three women in this book are intensely irritating and their relationship just not credible. I found them entirely unsympathetic characters, even Eimear who is the one who suffers the most hurt. My advice is don't bother.

4.0 out of 5 stars Three wonderful women!!!, 30 Jan 2002
This review is from: Three Wise Men (Paperback)
this book is brilliant. It's set in the ever quirky country of Ireland and centres around three best friends and their different relationships with one man. it may same a little far fetched but in today's society who can say that!!I think this is one of the most refreshing books I've read in a long time. Devlin combines humour with sorrow, romance and above all friendship, Well worth reading

Three Wise Men
Three Wise Men by Martina Devlin (Paperback - 2 July 2010)
9.05