on 28 March 2001
I was really looking forward to this new book but sadly I was dissapointed, compared to the first 2 (Minty Malone and Tiffany Trott). Although the book is still widely entertaining and I enjoyed it, I thought it was closer to the other "girly" books available and lacked the wit of the previous two. I found Faith's character a bit too weak and some of the others a bit much, mainly the TV people and Lily. It's a shame that these days most of these books tend to revolve around women editors in glossy magazine, as if this was the only true glamourous job for women. It still remains entertaining but again I thought the ending was a bit predictable, I expected a better plot and more laugh from Isabel. I will still lookout for the next one!
on 26 August 2015
Lovely read
on 17 April 2001
It took me quite a few pages to actualy "get in" to the book. Faith, the main character, is somewhat wet and every now and then I wanted to grab her by the shoulders and give her a good shake. The best characters are the children and Faith's mother!!! This book took me a long time to finish compared to others. An average read, with an average middle and an average ending!
on 30 September 2014
It was okay and you get to know the handful of characters but I felt the story line was very predictable and the ending a bit of a non event.
on 24 May 2015
Not the authors best. The plot was okay, but I couldn't really relate to the main character.
on 10 April 2001
This was fine but I wasn't in the least bit bothered about what was going to happen. Just finished in it out of habit really. An average story with irritating characters. Surely by the time someone has teenage children they would be a bit less idiotic about men and realtionships than Faith. A few nice touches in places prevent it being completely forgettable.
on 20 August 2001
Well, first off, I have to say that I really enjoy reading Isabel Wolff's books and look forward to many more to come. I loved Minty and Tiffany. I was so excited to get this book, I couldn't wait for it's release in the states, so I ordered from UK. I was a bit disappointed though. This definately was not as good as the others. I felt that Faith was not as strong as Minty or Tiffany, she lacked self-esteeem and it bothered me. I think, as a whole, I didn't really like any of the characters, especially, Faith's friend. She annoyed me, with her dog named Jennifer Aniston. This story lacked the humorous content the others had, either that or I was just so excited for it's release, that I disappointed myself. I hope to see another book soon though!