5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and interesting, 20 April 2003
clairefromwales - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Bones of Time (Paperback)
I'm a big fan of Kathleen Ann Goonan and I really love this book. The writing in Queen City Jazz is undoubtedly more evocative, but this is more accessible and ultimately more satisfying.The two phases in the action are interwoven really well and it didn't interupt the narrative to keep hopping backwards and forwards. I found that the sciencebehind it all is pitched at a reasonably comprehensible level, and the bits I didn't get were sufficently in context that you could tell what the effect of it was. One of the highlights of the book for me was the touching love story between Cen and Kaialani. Lynn makes an interesting heroine and is likable in her determination to see things through. Hawaii is a stunning location and the calm aura of Lelani casts a spell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and interesting, 20 April 2003
clairefromwales - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Bones of Time (Paperback)
Hawaii is a stunning location and the calm aura of Lelani casts a spell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and interesting, 17 Oct 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Bones of Time (Paperback)
I'm a big fan of Kathleen Ann Goonan and I really love this book. The writing in Queen City Jazz is undoubtedly more evocative, but this is more accessible and ultimately more satisfying.The two phases in the action are interwoven really well and it didn't interupt the narrative to keep hopping backwards and forwards. I found that the scicence behind it all is pitched at a reasonably comprehensible level, and the bits I didn't get were sufficently in context that you could tell what the effect of the was. One of the highlights of the book for me was the touching love story between Cen and Kaialani. Lynn makes an interesting heroine and is likable in her determination to see things through. Hawaii is a stunning location and the calm aura of Lelani casts a spell.

ARRAY(0xaf2bb84c)

The Bones of Time
The Bones of Time by Kathleen Ann Goonan (Paperback - 17 May 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01