5.0 out of 5 stars The grandest of grand adventures!
Published on 13 Jan. 2006 by Kurt A. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not of the usual Feist Quality
Published on 11 Jan. 2008 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The grandest of grand adventures!, 13 Jan. 2006
Kurt A. Johnson (North-Central Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
In this sequel to Shadow of a Dark Queen, author Raymond Feist takes us back to his magical world of Midkemia. Time is growing short now, as the Kingdom of the Isles braces for the coming invasion by the Emerald Queen's army. Erik von Darkmoor is feverishly training new soldiers, but will the Armies of the West be ready? And, as for Rupert Avery, his live of dissipation and intrigue are starting to wear him down, but he is caught in a larger intrigue, and much is going to happen to him that he has never expected.
Raymond Feist's Riftwar books all great great, with epic adventure and magic, while his later books enjoyed a somewhat smaller scope. This book is definitely an epic book; indeed I would say the greatest of the epic books. This is a story of a war that spans an entire world, and even includes demons and gods in a war of winner-take-all!
Overall, I found this to be a great story. I loved its huge scope and high stakes - it is the grandest of grand adventures! If you want to read a story with a large scale adventure that will leave you on the edge of your seat, then this is the book for you. I loved this book and give it my highest recommendations!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rage of a Demon King, 20 Mar. 2011
Mr. A. D. Luke "taswegian" (Tasmania Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rage of a Demon King (The Riftwar Cycle: The Serpentwar Saga Book 3, Book 11): Serpentwar Saga v. 3 (Paperback)
This series has been my first foray into Raymond E Feist work and I must say I did enjoy this book, the saga unfolding into desperation for the Kingdom and the heroes facing a daunting task, it is well written with vivid detail, so much detail in fact you have to be well rested to read his books, no skimming here, but the story is rich and exciting and would recommend his work and I am now looking to purchase some more of his previous and later novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now for the exciting bit ! One of his best ....., 27 April 2013
A. Cresswell "Bubblefish777 - Born again Diver" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm reviewing Feists' (and those involved with him) works in Chronological order. Unfortunately for some books there are new books and covers being re-released in March 2013 so reviews for the old books can no longer be posted.

Anyway this review is for the chronological reading of books by Feist and others that all link Medkemia and Kelewan and form the Riftwar Saga, Legacy and beyond. This one is for Rage of a Demon King.

The order is:-

Krondor: The Assassins 3 Stars
Krondor: Tear of the Gods 3 Stars
Prince of the Blood 5.5 Stars
The Kings Buccaneer 4 Stars
Shadow of a Dark Queen 6 Stars !!
Rise of a Merchant Prince 3.5 Stars
RAGE OF A DEMON KING 5 STARS

Rage of a Demon King had the hairs on the back of my neck rising in the first dozen pages. The depiction of the Demon world and their aspects was brilliant. It had all the hallmarks of a great horror and I was actually dissapointed when we cut back into the world of Midkemia again. The continuation of the Serpent Wars Saga is brilliant and sad. It's brilliant in that this is just a huge roller-coaster of adventure and action and epic in it's scale and the huge conflict and war was really well done. Something few writers can deal with in a book. On the other hand this gave Feist the oppertunity to clean up a lot of things in his world and never in any book have I seen so many characters die. I mean they drop in their droves from all the books in the huge series of adventures. I guess it needed a clean up as I was starting to get lost when you had characters from magician running around, their kids and then their kids kids (grandchildren) ... it was all getting a bit much and I think he started to get tired of having to feature little bits of them throughout the book. Still it was a huge sadness to see some of them go. I won't spoil it here but you will be shocked at how many of your favourites bite the bullet. Awesome read. Thanks Raymond.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a great read!, 13 Sept. 2010
half way through the book and cant put it down!third book in this saga and is just as good as the last!i shall be sad when it's finished!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this series.Now., 19 Jan. 2000
Come on I wasn't joking. Drop whatever you are doing now and beg, steal or borrow yourself a copy of The Serpentwar Saga. This series has kept me completely enthralled throughout and I can't wait to get onto the next book. Time and again Mr Feist has had me reading into the wee small hours, desperate to know the fate of our intrepid band of unlikely heroes. There is one downfall to an epic saga such as this, soon it's going to end and then I'm going to be at a loss for what to do. How am I going to use the hours I've put aside each day to finish this epic? I could finally get some sleep I suppose!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not of the usual Feist Quality, 11 Jan. 2008
I enjoyed the first two books of this series but the third was a bit dissapointing and I don't think up to the usual quality of Raymond Feist. Just like most works by David Eddings - at the end of the book most conversations end in "It's a long story, I'll tell you some time", or "I must tell you about it another time". Almost like he couldn't be bothered to give us any depth. And then plot mechanics where characters just "know" what they're supposed to do but they "can't explain it" and Feist can't explain it to is. The whole end sequence with the Lifestone for instance.

I was going to write more, but maybe I'll tell you about it later . . . .

4.0 out of 5 stars This amazing series continues...., 14 Dec. 2007
G. Peters (London) - See all my reviews
The Dark Queen's mass hordes finally reach the shores of Krondor where they unleash hell!

The battle of Krondor is described brilliantly and its the best that Feist has written since the fall of Armengar in A Darkess at Sethanon.

Its another excellent book from the Serpentwar serie's and you can't help but feel involved in the Kingdom's struggle to fight against the mass invaders.

It's a cracking read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 19 Mar. 2014
Another great one !!looking forward to the next book. Feist is managing to keep all these threads together, similar to Jordan and the WOT series

5.0 out of 5 stars Soooo good, 10 Jan. 2014
Really enjoyable as are all of his books, the story line of the two friends Roo and Erik is developed and all in all a great book

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing series, 30 Dec. 2013
This is part of the four-part Serpentwar series and as such, you’ll just have to start at the first one and work your way along to this third book. Erik the Blacksmith has now been a part of the army so long that he has risen to high rank, fighting the Emerald Queen’s army across continents - only to find she’s not as it seems… once you finish this volume you’ll buy the next one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›