Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Kindle Oasis

Format: Paperback|Change

Really, this review is applicable to all of the Duncton Books. Each one is an absolute marvel of life and death in the world of moles. It is done in such a way that you really are there with them, in their homes, enjoying their pleasures, sorrowing at their losses. The descriptions of the landscapes, the weather, the moles themselves all are so realistic they are quite believable! I shouldn't spoil the storyline for you so let's just say there is constant suspense, surprise and a mixture of storylines which are easy to follow and very difficult to put down! The whole series is a MUST HAVE - RIGHT NOW!!
on 10 February 2000
The Second Volume of "The Book of Silence" (Duncton Tales being the first one) is even more interesting and moving than the beginning. Many questions about Privet and Whillan are answered. We suffer with Privet's friends - Pumpkin, Chater, the Master of the Delve Rooster and many others - and learn that there is always hope, always a stream of light in the darkness. The risen stone marks almost the end of the book, at which we begin to understand what and where the lost book of silence really is...
on 16 February 2013
I have enjoyed his new books and was interested in reading some of his older work. I was not disappointed. Drawn in to this amazing world he has created. He writes so beautifully and the characters come to life. Amazing.
on 4 January 2013
Who would have thought that a story about moles could ever be so interesting. In places a little bogged down but overall a good piece of fiction.
on 10 January 2016
Bought on request as a Christmas present for friend collecting the series. Very pleased with it.
on 1 September 2012
Those that like Tolken and have a love of reading great long tales should try reading these books, they won't be disappointed.
on 4 May 2015
Item as described
on 19 July 2011
I'm very please with my book, it is as described.
I love this series of books but haven't read this one yet, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I'm on book 3 at the moment (there are 6 in total)
on 25 November 2015
Great
on 3 August 2014
GREAT READ, CONDITION AS DESCRIBED.