on 20 January 2008
I have been using this cook book in conjuction wih Rose Elliot's Bean Book for at least 20 years now.I have not yet found a recipe which doesn't please. It is easy for the beginner and still satisfying after 2 decades. This should be in every vegetarian's cookery library. The carrot and orange soup is a firm favourite with my guests.
on 12 June 2014
Amazing how well the recipes have stood the test of time.

Inspiration whenever you need a rest from processed and unhealthy food.
on 23 July 2014
This is an old favourite; don't be misled by the title it's a lot more interesting than that! Have just made Courgette Pollonaise (again) with a glut of courgettes and there are lots more recipes which are just as useful. This from a non-vegetarian, except in principle! We all have non-meat days and this book is a useful addition to anyone's library.
on 22 January 2014
Rose Elliott is a superb writer and her recipes are, to use her own words from another title, simply delicious! I would recommend this as a very good primer for anyone considering becoming vegetarian - Rose looks into the issues of nutrition with excellent knowledge of her subject.
on 9 December 2012
Had to rebuy this book as my was lost. I love vegetarian cooking although I am not a vegetarian. Well worth buying.
on 10 August 2015
Good if old book but the recipes have stood the test of time.
on 9 November 2015
A wonderful book whose recipes never date.
on 17 February 2016
on 1 September 2012
I enjoyed this book and it was good for me. There's a lot to learn in this product!
on 17 October 2014
Our original copy fell to pieces, so pleased to find a replacement.