5.0 out of 5 stars A Virginia Andrews Classic!
Published on 6 Sep 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars good but definatly not V.C.'s best
Published on 15 July 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars A Virginia Andrews Classic!, 6 Sep 2000
This review is from: Gates of Paradise (Casteel Family 4) (Paperback)
Gates of Paradise is a sequal to Heaven, Dark Angel and Fallen Hearts, so if you've enjoyed these 3 books you'll love this. The story is told by Heaven's 18 year old daughter 'Annie'. She is taken to Farthinggale Mannor by her mysterious great-grandfather Tony Tatterton. (You'll have to read it to find out why!) Annie pines for her lost family, especially Luke- her half-brother and secret love, but when she discoveres the cottage owened by Tony's brother Troy the mystery of Farthinggale deepens... I couldn't put Gates of Paradise down. The plot is so well thought out and there are many unexpected twists. I would recomend this book to girls aged 14 and over. It is a fantastic story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Too beautiful for this world, 8 May 1999
By A Customer
I've been reading V.C. Andrew's novels ever since I was nine. It is my favorite of all time. Of course I adore all of them, I am a HUGE fan! But there's something magical about this novel that touches me deeply each time I read it. And I've read it five times. Annie is exactly like me; wishing for her prince to sweep her away of to his castle, the eternal optimist. Even when they play their "fantasy game" it stirs something special inside. Luke is a perfect for Annie, they go together like two doves. When they're forced to be seperated by the car crash that takes Annie off to Farthingagle Manor, you feel them longing for eachother. It's so romantic! I don't know why I'm so affected by this book, but I am. If you haven't read it yet, go and read it now! It plays on your heartstrings, makes you fall in love with the characters. I LOVE it, and would read it another five times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Awesome Awesome Book!, 24 Mar 1998
By A Customer
This was up there with the best books that I read, and i have read some good books! I loved all of the twists and surprises. This book made me want to read the rest of the Casteel series! This was the first V.C Andrews book that I every read, and I totally understood it, even though it is the second to last book in the series! i totally recommend it to anyone over 12!! I am now reading Heaven, and it is good, but not as great as this one. I recommend reading it though.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but definatly not V.C.'s best, 15 July 1998
By A Customer
umm. i liked this book alright. i got just a little tired of annie's whinnyness. She was only at Farthy for about a week (seemed longer, didn't it?)and every couple of paragraphs she was complaining about not having Luke at her side. i think this book would have been a lot better if it wasn't so long. i mean it wasn't too eventfull. heaven and Logan died, annie was in the hospital, but really every day she was doing the same thing and thinking the same things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 23 May 1998
By A Customer
I loved this book even at my age of 11. I understood it and I thought it was so breathtaking the way Annie goes out from the Tatterton back to her home with Luke and her outrageous aunt Fanny. I found it trulky tragic that heaven died because I had read Heaven before that. I really enjoyed this too and hope you will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Gates of Paradise (Casteel Family 4) (Paperback)
bought this book for my wife to re-read

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Gates of Paradise (Casteel Family 4) (Paperback)
Book was in good condition as advertised, great re-read ordered the rest of the series as lost over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars virginia Andrews books, 3 Jun 2013
mrs k (manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gates of Paradise (Casteel Family 4) (Paperback)
I like all Virginia Andrews books and have got most series I am looking forward to the next set of books

5.0 out of 5 stars Virginia Andrews, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Gates of Paradise (Casteel Family 4) (Paperback)
Well what can I say about this author. She writes enthralling novels that once started you cannot put down, a great read as always

5.0 out of 5 stars castelle, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Gates of Paradise (Casteel Family 4) (Paperback)
Very good series of books, just like her flowers in the attic series. Loved it and shows the dynamics and destiny of a family caused by one person.

Gates of Paradise (Casteel Family 4)
Gates of Paradise (Casteel Family 4) by Virginia Andrews (Paperback - 4 Oct 2010)