5.0 out of 5 stars Romance, murder, and exotic settings
Published on 1 Dec. 2004 by Kona

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st book bought for new kindle
Story was good but ending was disappointing for me. Took a long time to tell the story which was good but then everything seemed to get crammed into the last chapter which made it a bit far fetched.
Published on 13 Jan. 2013 by LINDA

5.0 out of 5 stars Romance, murder, and exotic settings, 1 Dec. 2004
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bloodline (Paperback)
This wonderful thriller is the story of Elizabeth Roffe, whose father has just died (or was he murdered?), leaving her heiress to a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical maker. She takes over the reins of the company, with the help of Rhys Williams, a handsome but mysterious self-made man. Elizabeth's four quirky cousins and co-owners of the company each have shady pasts and need money, badly. They are pressuring her to allow the company to go public; she refuses, and becomes the target of an unknown assassin.
This is a book you will not be able to put down. The story is full of fascinating flashbacks, detailing the often bizarre lives of all the Roffes: Alec from London, Helene from Paris, Anna from Berlin, and Ivo from Rome. Each one has a reason to want Elizabeth out of the way, and as the attempts on her life increase, the tension mounts until the killer is revealed in a truly frightening conclusion. Highly recommended for Sidney Sheldon fans and everyone who enjoys fast-paced stories full of action and memorable characters. This book was made into an all-star movie with Audrey Hepburn, Omar Sharif, and James Mason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read! Make this one of your first Sheldon books!, 1 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Bloodline (Paperback)
I have only read a few Sheldon books so far, and this one was by far the best!

This story has it all, romance, tragedy, mysery, suspense and horror. It was interesting to look inside a Global Business, and see how things really happen. It's a jungle out there!

You fall in love with the main characters easily in this book, and hope for that happy ending. I also loved the look back through time in this story, and thought this was a very vital part of introducing the reader to Elizabeth.

All of the key characters are described brilliantly, so you feel as if you really know them.

And, the finale, the 'villian' of this story was not who i expected, but to look back the clues i suppose were all there. The final scenes were nail biting gripping!

This story travels the world, and Sheldon's knowledge of the languages was brilliant, and really brought the characters to life.

If you have never read a Sheldon book before, make this your first one. It's a great story, with twists and turns that will keep you guessing, and keep you turning the pages for more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its got everything you would look for, 7 Feb. 2005
Another Sheldon's master piece, I would dare say. Its got
everything you would look for in a crime, fiction book. Hard,
excitement, love, sex, death, family, trust, money, beauty...
I just simply recommend to everyone who reads my comment because
if you like Sheldon just like I do, then you wont be able to resist it.
With Sheldon's slow start and detailed characters,
you get to know them inside out. They feel as though they are
real, things happen as they are happening right now.
Then you know whats gonna happen. Murder and death.. love and sex..
Someone who tries to solve this and there always someone who tries
to hide something.
And then massive twist in the end.. As you always expect from
Sheldon..
He is just simply the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise! Cracking good read., 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Bloodline (Kindle Edition)
I'd never heard of Sidney Sheldon (even though apparently he's the 7th biggest fiction seller in the world!) but this was much better than I expected. Yes, it has its faults (mainly being a '70s novel), but all in all a great romp.

What appealed to me was the tone. It's not cynical or schmaltzy, like most books nowadays - he loves a good story and you can tell that the author had a warm view of humanity. The character of Elizabeth really surprised me; for its time, it's remarkably respectful to a female heroine. I'm just listening to a Wilbur Smith written 10 years later where the woman is a hysterical moron who deserves to be patronized. Elizabeth has dignity and depth.

There is a rubbish sub-plot and the ending is handled badly, but these doesn't detract too badly. Also, the book has some truly seamy '70s sex scenes which I could have happily done without.

This is not high literature, but if you read in this light, I think you'll enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 11 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bloodline (Kindle Edition)
This is my first Sidney Sheldon book other than one by Tilly Bagshawe and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The characters of the family were all interesting in their own right and the authors writing keeps you in suspense about each of them until the very end. I liked the way the story takes you back to where the company all began and the struggles that the founder had faced in his young life. A highly recommended page turner!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sydney does not disappoint, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Bloodline (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this as one. Clever plot, great heroine and the travel and intrigue always gets me. I keep a number of Sydney book on my kindle when I need an adventure fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite authors, 7 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Bloodline (Kindle Edition)
Forgot how good Sidney Sheldon's books were. I have only in the last months started to read his books again and I must say he is up there as a favourite author along with James Patterson.
This book I found was enthralling I didn't want to put it down, I wanted to see what happened next. I was not disappointed..
I have set myself the task of reading all of his books. 2 more downloaded and how many else to go .

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you guessing till the last page, 17 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Bloodline (Paperback)
I just finished this book. I have read many Sidney Sheldon but this is my favorite. Each chapter left you hanging so you needed to read the next and the next....
Absolutely thrilled when I found out it was made into a film in the 70's. So I can now see if my imagined characters match the film.
Recommend this read to everyone who likes to be kept guessing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Bloodline (Kindle Edition)
My favourite book when I read it years ago was Master of The Game,strangely I didn't read any more of his books till now(maybe I was afraid nothing could better it!!) this was a disservice to a great writer and this was an equally good read with all the twists and turns only a great writer can conjure up,looking forward to catching up with more of his books

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Bloodline (Kindle Edition)
great book with twists and turns

Bloodline
Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon (Paperback - 4 July 2005)