5.0 out of 5 stars Take Care
This is an excellent book, but take care it was first published in 1981 so you may already have it on your book case!
Published on 17 Aug 2008 by Hornblower Fan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best
A good read, but agree with some of the other reviews, certainly not a Sharpe classic. Without giving away the ending, found it a little out of character and in general the book wasn't as fast paced as the others. However still worth a read
Published on 22 Oct 2008 by chuckles

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Take Care, 17 Aug 2008
This review is from: Sharpe's Gold (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharpe has struck Gold, 6 May 2006
This review is from: Sharpe's Gold: The Destruction of Almeida, August 1810 (The Sharpe Series, Book 9): Richard Sharpe and the Destruction of Almeida, August 1810 (Paperback)
Incrediable read. Non-stop action and story never lets you go. Sharpe is as daring as ever, Harper is as comical and the battles are as visual.

I love the new book cover artwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpe's Gold, 24 Feb 2014
T. J. Day - See all my reviews
I am a devoted fan of the tv series and actually watch it every time it is on no matter how many times I have seen it. As an avid reader it was only natural that I should buy the complete set of these books and I am really looking forward to reading them, I just hope they don't let me down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpe present, 1 Dec 2013
Sharpe present for my son of the entire Sharpe collection which he went through all of the books and seemed to enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 29 Sep 2013
I have enjoyed all the Sharpe books so far and this is no exception. The story is well told and whilst there are few surprises in the book it is an entertaining read. Overall if you enjoy the Sharpe novels then you will enjoy this one, if not then this is probably not the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good author with plenty of research,all of the series share the same quality.Some humour plenty of detail, 2 Sep 2013
As above I have read all of the authors works over the years and to date always a good read.The action at Busaco well portrayed without being bogged down in trivia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bernhard Cornwell, 21 July 2013
J. Collins (Dorset UK) - See all my reviews
Bernard Cornwell was up to his usual storytelling standard brilliantly weaving fact and fiction, with authentic sounding battle scenes. Sharpe was as sharp as ever

5.0 out of 5 stars My Review, 24 April 2013
G. Silverman (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I love these books, the descriptions are so vivid you feel you could be there. The trouble is my housework suffers :)

4.0 out of 5 stars In line with typical Sharpe story, 6 Mar 2013
NJB (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm gradually working through the Sharpe series of books - although usually with a gap between each one.

I know roughly what to expect in each. It's a comfortable read which I enjoy much as many TV series - and I might be picking up a little history and some insight on life in those days as a side benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Dec 2012
All the Sharpe books are brilliant, I am on my second reading of all of them, this time on my Kindle. All are compulsive reading for me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›