on 2 February 2001
I am a big fan of Floyd, his recipes and his writing style and he didn't disappoint me with this book! His account of the Mediterranean makes great reading for the British winter.
on 1 October 2012
Keith Floyd takes a fine trip around the Med, I would consider this my fav book out of all Keiths. Excellent photos, brilliant reciepes that still look fresh. This Hardback book at one point was selling for a crazy £50-£60, but was lucky and picked it up for less than £3 on amazon shops. The cover was different to the one pictured though (it had the same cover as the uk softback). Floyd is greatly missed.
on 24 December 2014
Loved the TV series - a great travelogue in my fav part of the world with Keith playing up to the camera in top form. It was the cradle of civilisation - until Floyd got there!

This book contains all those snapshots anecdotes and musings which made the TV so watchable plus the great recipes.

I tried some of these and they turned out very well. I am no cook and I need a giant fuse to get me into the kitchen - but anything hearty, tasty and fairly straightforward will set me off.

The Greek section was my battleground and I was victorious with Beef Stifado, Saute of Spring Lamb with Apricots and others.
A certain West Country chef and celebrity gave me a bit of help.

If you are looking down Keith - thank you very much.
on 5 December 2014
As expected this is an excellent book. Keith Floyd was always the king of the tv chefs and with these recipes he proves that nobody does the Mediterranean diet better! Plus it only cost me a penny with just a couple of pounds postage and is in fantastic condition...Bargain!
on 2 March 2014
Loved the series, always watch the repeats, all of them! Book a bit disappointing, not so many recipes and it obviously can't capture the feel of the Med like television can. Worth having though and good condition for used item.
on 28 May 2014
In comparison to the series, there was a lot of descriptive writing and not many recipes. Floyd is very charismatic and a joy to watch, but is not really a home-cook's cookery writer.
on 19 January 2013
Directly taken from the series with llittle more added to the programmes. Still a great addition to the book shelf / kitchen
on 3 April 2013
Lovers of the inimitable Floyd will love his take on the Med and its cuisine. Very well worth reading and keeping.
on 27 May 2014
a good honest cook book , easy to follow recipes . makes you really want to be in those countries.
on 19 July 2014
Yes it is OK but I bought it for a friend. She seems happy but I do not cook!