Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 March 2013
There are some flaws with this: the English grammar is not perfect (some missing punctuation) but as a class reading book., it's very useful. It's based on the Irish potato famine and contains enough themes to interest most people. The 'horror' is very mild and nobody gets hurt. Rather like a children's short story from about tea-time with the wind howling and some wolves baying.
on 27 May 2004
The story is set in Ireland in a town called Ballimagliesh. A family of five go on holiday in the country near the beach and town when strange events happen to them. It is your job to find out what happens.
I think the play was really good and I would give it 10 out of 10. I think this play is good because the story has a bit of a twist to it and you can understand it.
My favourite scene was when Prill hallucinated in the shop. I liked this because it was dramatic, spontaneous and also very mysterious.
My favourite character was Oliver because he was different to everybody else and he was interesting.
I think that people who like mystery stories with adventure would enjoy this play because that is what you find in Black Harvest.
on 16 January 2000
I found this really good. It was all about the potatoe famine and I didn't know about that before. I read the play with my class and they really enjoyed it as well. They are all about 12.